Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Quick Quote: Donald Cerrone wants to fight Sam Stout after UFC 131 win

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Donald Cerrone talks to Ariel Helwani after his impressive showing at the UFC 131: "Dos Santos vs. Carwin" event last night (June 11, 2011) in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and calls out Sam Stout, who was also in action on the card.

"Cowboy" cruised past late replacement and Octagon debutant Vagner Rocha, while "Hands of Stone" knocked out journeyman Yves Edwards with a left hand so devastating that Dana White referred to it as "one of the most vicious knockouts in UFC history."

Article

Post #1   6/12/11 10:13:14AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That was a great performance by Cerrone, I am disappointed that he seemed to think otherwise. At least, judging by his post-fight comments that he fought not to lose instead of fighting to win. It seems like he's be listening to the criticisms of Jackson MMA.

To that end, I want to say.... They are smart with their game planning over there. And not all of them are point fighters (see: Stann, Brian and Guillard, Melvin as two references off the top of my head). These guys go to Jackson MMA, and get their skills taken to a new level. They take their fighters strengths and tailor game plans that allow them to use their strengths to win.

Look at the Cowboy's record. I believe he is 15-3 now, with 12 subs and 3 decisions. No KO's. But with Rocha's grappling prowess, Cerrone would rather make it an MMA match than a grappling match, and he did just that.

He did a pretty damn good job striking, and he was popping Rocha's head back all night with that jab. He was stuffing takedowns and getting out of shitty spots, and in the process he beat Vagner so bad he looked like he could hardly walk in Round Three.

I'd say it was another solid performance from the Cowboy. Nothing to be ashamed of whatsoever.

Post #2   6/12/11 10:23:51AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Cerrone has called out so many fighters he will be busy for a while

Post #3   6/12/11 12:11:38PM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Cerrone has called out so many fighters he will be busy for a while

Your rite he has called out so many guys, but i would really luv to see him and stout bang it out

Post #4   6/12/11 1:37:36PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Exactly what i was thinking last night, Cerrone vs Stout! I couldn't believe Stout actually knocked Yves out. Who does Stout ever KO? haha. That was unbelevavle but Cerrone definitely looked frustrated he couldn't slug it out last night.

If they made this, this would be absolutely ridiculous.

Post #5   6/12/11 1:43:19PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,656-890
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
it doesn't show it on the TV Spike portion, but after Stout KO'ed Thugjitz he did a sick back handspring in the Octagon lol

!!

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #6   6/12/11 4:16:21PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
this fight has FOTN written all over it with 2 very exciting fighters. Cerrone showed some great striking and Stout is a pretty good striker himself. i have Stout winning a decision here. Cerrone would idealy want this fight on the ground, but Stout did very well last night off his back against Yves who has a solid ground game. i just dont know if the Cowboy is able to take Stout down very often, let alone keep him there to work a sub

ill be rooting for Cerrone though. ive met both fighters (Stout twice) and Cerrone is by far more personable and better to talk to.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   6/12/11 7:14:07PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Chips:
I'd love to see it. Wouldn't know who to go for. I don't like Cerrone calling people out left and right, though.

Post #8   6/12/11 7:35:14PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I'd love to see it. Wouldn't know who to go for. I don't like Cerrone calling people out left and right, though.

I'd love to see the fight but you're right, he should stop calling out all these guys. He's past guys like Cole Miller IMO. A fight with Stout seems perfect.

Post #9   6/13/11 1:28:52AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

That was a great performance by Cerrone, I am disappointed that he seemed to think otherwise. At least, judging by his post-fight comments that he fought not to lose instead of fighting to win. It seems like he's be listening to the criticisms of Jackson MMA.

To that end, I want to say.... They are smart with their game planning over there. And not all of them are point fighters (see: Stann, Brian and Guillard, Melvin as two references off the top of my head). These guys go to Jackson MMA, and get their skills taken to a new level. They take their fighters strengths and tailor game plans that allow them to use their strengths to win.

Look at the Cowboy's record. I believe he is 15-3 now, with 12 subs and 3 decisions. No KO's. But with Rocha's grappling prowess, Cerrone would rather make it an MMA match than a grappling match, and he did just that.

He did a pretty damn good job striking, and he was popping Rocha's head back all night with that jab. He was stuffing takedowns and getting out of shitty spots, and in the process he beat Vagner so bad he looked like he could hardly walk in Round Three.

I'd say it was another solid performance from the Cowboy. Nothing to be ashamed of whatsoever.

the only thing i am not liking about the Jackson camp is many of their guys seem to not finish fights... They have great gameplans on how to not lose, but not so much on going out to win. they seen to focus on stopping their opponents strengths rather then exploiting their weaknesses

Post #10   6/13/11 3:41:34AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,370-793
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I'm a big Cerrone fan even though I've always considered him a little overrated. He comes to fight and doesn't really care if he's fighting for the title or not, so I don't care who he calls out, just put him back in the ring.

Post #11   6/13/11 9:08:27PM