Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 131 winner Junior Dos Santos: I will be ready for champ Cain Velasquez

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – For the second-straight fight, heavyweight slugger Junior Dos Santos (13-1 MMA, 7-0 UFC) was unable to finish his opponent.

For the second-straight time, it hardly seemed to matter.

Dos Santos battered a game Shane Carwin (12-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) over a 15-minute span in the main event of Saturday's UFC 131 event in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Now it's on to UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez (9-0 MMA, 7-0 UFC), and Dos Santos believes he's more than ready for his most difficult challenge yet.

Article

Post #1   6/12/11 9:31:11AM   

vomitshovel

MMA Regular

vomitshovel Avatar

Career:136-93
Camp: Xtreme Fight Militia
Chips:
Me rikey!
JDS vs Velasquez it's awesome either way.
Cain looked thin in the octagon but I think this will be an amazing fight.

Post #2   6/12/11 4:21:07PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,509-889
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Should be a back and forth fight, JDS has a huge height advantage but Cain has a pretty big wrestling advantage, I expect Cain to take a hard fought decision but a knockout either way is just as possible. I got Cain at about a 2-1 favorite.

Post #3   6/12/11 5:37:26PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

Should be a back and forth fight, JDS has a huge height advantage but Cain has a pretty big wrestling advantage, I expect Cain to take a hard fought decision but a knockout either way is just as possible. I got Cain at about a 2-1 favorite.

2-1 that's generous. If those are the odds I will be placing a little bet myself. I see JDS taking this.

Post #4   6/12/11 5:56:50PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
before watching this fight, i had very little doubt Cain would beat JDS convincingly. after last night, i think JDS can very well win (but i still pick Cain). his TDD was great and was only on his back for like 2 seconds before getting back to his feet against a big, strong wrestler. we saw the same thing against GG i believe. plus he easily picked and took Carwin down twice. i dont think Cain has as big of a wrestling advantage as i previously thought (which was fairly hefty).

i really want to know what JDS is like off his back, thats the only question i have with him. he looks to have good cardio, his chin is very good, has top 5 striking in MMA at HW (along with Overeem, AA, Barry, Velasquez), and has fairly good TDD.

man i cant wait for this title fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   6/12/11 7:24:27PM