Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Countdown to De La Hoya/Mayweather....Who are you picking?

Print  
Will you buy this PPV event...??
Yes 2 10%
No 10 48%
Maybe 1 5%
Free (Bar,Friends....Scam) 8 38%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Sherk is going to be ringside. I hope he brings his title with him and just stares at Floyd without saying a word after Floyd wins.

If Sherk has the balls to sit ringside, which he does, then Mayweather will know Sherk is ready to back up his mouth so Floyd would look like a punk if he doesnt adress the situation.

sherk is stupid to actually be calling out mayweather.....sure he'll kick his ass in the cage,but still....its stupid that he thinks Mayweather will actually waste his time to fight a nobody. when he is making 20 million on 1 fight alone....sure Mayweather was the one talking crap,but never to Sherk in particular,and now Sherk is doing all this talk just to be in the spotlight.....this is even much more pathetic than Tito calling out Dana.

So...bottom line...Sherk should just drop this cuz he is embarrasing himself

Sherk isn't embarassing himself. He is gonna show the world just how much a trashtalking fool Mayweather is. Floyd had to reason or business shooting his mouth off about the UFC. Why you are calling Sherk a nobody, I can't understand. In the MMA world Sherk is somebody and that's all that counts.

Floyd might not have directed his ignorant comments to Sherk in particular, but when he disrespected Sherk when he disrespected the UFC and sid what he said. Sherk isn't doing this to be in the spotlight, he's doing this to shut Floyd up. He's telling Floyd to put his money where his mouth is. If Floyd wants to fight Sherk, I'm pretty sure Dana will offer millions to Floyd if he wins. And will probably offer him a mill or two to just step into the cage.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #16   5/5/07 9:15:41PM   

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
BOXING = BORING......MMA Rules!!!!

Post #17   5/5/07 11:11:20PM   

www-WeLoan-us

Standup Guy

www-WeLoan-us Avatar

Career:258-161
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
totally agree. Its not like Mayweather needs the $$ if you run your mouth back it up .....should 'nt be for the $$$ he should want to prove his point. I am sure if he got paid 50 million to fight sherk in the octagon he would make some excuse that its not enough....I guess I see he is right its not enough becasue it would cost him his carreer. Sherk would crush that trash talker ..

Post #18   5/5/07 11:15:32PM   

skiba97

Banned

Career:60-34
Chips:
As much as i like mma compared to boxing, i have to say tonights fight was pretty good to say the least. Im suprised i managed to stay up till 5am to watch it but it was worth it. I had de la hoya by 1 point, i was pretty disapointed he didnt get the win, but it was a really close fight. Im not looking foward to mayweather talking shit over the next few weeks, he was pretty disrespectfull to oscar in his post fight interview...

Post #19   5/6/07 12:43:15AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
boring fight.. i'd give it to oscar cuz if a contender wants the belt.. he should decisively win the fight and not counter-pounch

Post #20   5/6/07 1:22:50AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Sherk is going to be ringside. I hope he brings his title with him and just stares at Floyd without saying a word after Floyd wins.

If Sherk has the balls to sit ringside, which he does, then Mayweather will know Sherk is ready to back up his mouth so Floyd would look like a punk if he doesnt adress the situation.

sherk is stupid to actually be calling out mayweather.....sure he'll kick his ass in the cage,but still....its stupid that he thinks Mayweather will actually waste his time to fight a nobody. when he is making 20 million on 1 fight alone....sure Mayweather was the one talking crap,but never to Sherk in particular,and now Sherk is doing all this talk just to be in the spotlight.....this is even much more pathetic than Tito calling out Dana.

So...bottom line...Sherk should just drop this cuz he is embarrasing himself

Sherk isn't embarassing himself. He is gonna show the world just how much a trashtalking fool Mayweather is. Floyd had to reason or business shooting his mouth off about the UFC. Why you are calling Sherk a nobody, I can't understand. In the MMA world Sherk is somebody and that's all that counts.

Floyd might not have directed his ignorant comments to Sherk in particular, but when he disrespected Sherk when he disrespected the UFC and sid what he said. Sherk isn't doing this to be in the spotlight, he's doing this to shut Floyd up. He's telling Floyd to put his money where his mouth is. If Floyd wants to fight Sherk, I'm pretty sure Dana will offer millions to Floyd if he wins. And will probably offer him a mill or two to just step into the cage.

:

Exactly. Floyd started it, I got no problem with Sherk finishing it.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #21   5/6/07 5:03:42AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by skiba97

Im not looking foward to mayweather talking shit over the next few weeks, he was pretty disrespectfull to oscar in his post fight interview...

I can't say I was surprised by that, but that takes some serious balls to start bad mouthing someone that you just beat by Split Decision. When you were about two punches away from losing your first fight, maybe you should show some humility. I read an artile about Mayweather in the new ESPN magazine today though, and doubt he'll get a clue though.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #22   5/6/07 5:08:58AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
that was the most i have seen Mayweather beaten after JLC.....Oscar didnt do what i wanted him to and that cost him the fight......Oscar had the better jab and whenever he would use it he would connect good and snap Mayweathers head back and do damage....the way he fought would be a great gameplan if he got some jabs in there in the mix

i had mayweather 115-113......I was proud of Oscar either way....he didnt back down and he showed alot of heart......After seeing how the fight went down,I am sure DLH in his prime(the DLH that fought Mosley) would beat Mayweather,cuz DLH looked like crap last night,and his movement just wasnt there.......the fight was only close because of his heart alone

I hope Mayweather fights Cotto next....Im sure Cotto can beat him...especially with his signature body punches

i was seeing ESPN NEWS and they said that it was 1 round away from being a draw.....judge Jerry Roth gave Mayweather the last round which DLH clearly won....so if he would of scored it for DLH it would of been a draw

Much respect for Oscar!...he never fails to give us a great fight!

Fights like this are the reason i love boxing more than MMA......bottom line...the best MMA fights dont even compare to the best Boxing fights

Last edited 5/6/07 9:16AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   5/6/07 9:12:40AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2