Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Countdown to De La Hoya/Mayweather....Who are you picking?

Print  
Will you buy this PPV event...??
Yes 2 10%
No 10 48%
Maybe 1 5%
Free (Bar,Friends....Scam) 8 38%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Is anyone else here pumped for this fight? I know i am...

Who do you all pick to win?

are you even gonna buy it?

I will for sure buy it and i will be rootin for DLH....alot of people think this will be a 12 round borefest,but DLH is not the type to sit back and let the fight slip away from him.DLH is like the Randy Couture of boxing...everyone loves the guy,and he just knows how to pull it off when everyone thinks he is down and out.....I reallllly hope Oscar pulls it off so we can see PBF cry in front of our very eyes!!! i think he would....a first loss would kill him!!!!

Post #1   5/3/07 2:26:50PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I'm gonna watch it in a bar with some friends. I don't watch as much boxing as MMA but I still enjoy it. Though I'm thinking Mayweather is taking this fight, I'll be rooting for De La Hoya.

Post #2   5/3/07 2:35:32PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
Im hoping for De La Hoya also.... but think that Floyd will pull it off..... He is in seasoned more than Floyd.

Im going to an amateur mma event saturday night then going over to my friends place and hopefully will be able to catch the whole fight..... Sometimes these mma events run over late though as u all know.......

Post #3   5/3/07 2:38:16PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Yeah it would be nice the see De La Hoya shut up the "pretty boy", but I don't think it will happen.

I will stream aka scam haha :)

Posted by Violentcuv

Im hoping for De La Hoya also.... but think that Floyd will pull it off..... He is in seasoned more than Floyd.

Im going to an amateur mma event saturday night then going over to my friends place and hopefully will be able to catch the whole fight..... Sometimes these mma events run over late though as u all know.......

Post #4   5/3/07 2:47:35PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,568-1,469
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
either way i think MMA still wins because PBF is gonna put on a jab and run snooze fest......i really hope DLH KOs him early so PBF will STFU

Last edited 5/3/07 3:16PM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   5/3/07 3:16:10PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I'm with most of you guys... My heart's with Oscar, which is kind of weird to say since I've never been that big of a fan... But in all reality, unless he can land a real clean left hook, I don't see PBF losing this or any other fight anytime soon.

-P

Post #6   5/3/07 4:51:35PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
*Copy/Paste from older thread...instead of retyping my look on this fight again..

I also hate Mayweather,but i think he will pull it off

but Oscar has a big heart and very wise!...wisdom can beat speed anyday,its all about timing.For Oscar to pull it off he will have to do what he does best,Oscar has the better,stronger jab so he should keep that in Floyds face the whole fight.....he should stick to the body the whole first half of the fight(rounds 1-6),and hopfully slow Floyd down a bit and hopfully land some good headshots in the later rounds...

But this will be the most important issue...Who the Referee will be!!!

I hope its Steve Smoger or someone with his style at refereeing,cuz Floyd is the type that throws a quick little combo,and steps in for a clinch and waits for the ref. to seperate them,but Smoger is the type that makes you fight out of the clinch..."Punch your way out"...he's my fav. ref from them all!

so if its a shitty ref. that lets Floyd pull off those tactics i will be pissed!

i also cant believe Floyd is saying this will be his final fight,but i call bs...but if he does then its lame cuz we will never see Floyd up against any of the new up and comers like Cotto,Malignaggi,Margarito,or even a rematch with Judah

i will be pulling for De La Hoya all the way,and you never know.....this DOES seem like "The year of the Upsets" after all..

Post #7   5/3/07 5:05:54PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,568-1,469
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
judahs hands might be as fast or faster than PBF's so a rematch would be good, i also think cotto is as good of a youngish boxer as ive seen in awhile

Post #8   5/3/07 5:08:42PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Can't wait for this fight, I got DLH by dec.

Post #9   5/3/07 6:28:51PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
Mayweather With Ease

then stick him in against the muscle shark and watch him get brutally destroyed

Post #10   5/3/07 7:47:43PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Sherk is going to be ringside. I hope he brings his title with him and just stares at Floyd without saying a word after Floyd wins.

If Sherk has the balls to sit ringside, which he does, then Mayweather will know Sherk is ready to back up his mouth so Floyd would look like a punk if he doesnt adress the situation.

Post #11   5/5/07 3:03:48PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Lay_N_Pray

Sherk is going to be ringside. I hope he brings his title with him and just stares at Floyd without saying a word after Floyd wins.

If Sherk has the balls to sit ringside, which he does, then Mayweather will know Sherk is ready to back up his mouth so Floyd would look like a punk if he doesnt adress the situation.

sherk is stupid to actually be calling out mayweather.....sure he'll kick his ass in the cage,but still....its stupid that he thinks Mayweather will actually waste his time to fight a nobody. when he is making 20 million on 1 fight alone....sure Mayweather was the one talking crap,but never to Sherk in particular,and now Sherk is doing all this talk just to be in the spotlight.....this is even much more pathetic than Tito calling out Dana.

So...bottom line...Sherk should just drop this cuz he is embarrasing himself

Post #12   5/5/07 3:44:27PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
I don't think Sherk's embarrasing himself, you better bet if some one called me out to a fight I'd be right there getting in his face, I would'nt care who the guy was.... Sherk's just letting him know he's not scared of him.

Last edited 5/5/07 6:59PM server time by Fanboy 1988
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   5/5/07 4:52:41PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
Sherk isnt embaressing himself, Mayweather dissed MMA and Sherk is just offering him a chance to back up his words.

I want DLH to win this one. I know people think PBF is a better boxer but I think DLH will be clever and work around that and take him out.

People are couting DLH out before the fight. This is 07. People counted Couture out.

Post #14   5/5/07 6:45:42PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
I think he is embarrasing himself......If Sherk knew Mayweather he would know that he's all talk.He was obviously just doing this to get under people's skins,and get some good PR in the meanwhile..

Sherk will beat Mayweather no doubt in the cage...so him calling him out if pretty pathetic move on his part cuz we all know almost any other lightweight in the UFC will do better than Mayweather would in a MMA match...besides Floyd is a natural 140 if not less and Sherk is like a Natural 170 if not more....so he is kinda being a bully and trying to take advantage

Post #15   5/5/07 7:13:13PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2