Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Waiting on Injuries to Heal To Make Fights for Shields, Fitch, and Penn

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,597-974
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Dana White says no decisions have been made yet as far as what’s next for Jake Shields, B.J. Penn or Jon Fitch, mostly because a couple of them are still dealing with lingering injuries.

The welterweight division in the UFC is definitely one of the deepest and best in the sport, and a few of the fighters sitting at the top are waiting on the call to back in action.

A few weeks back, Jake Shields and former UFC welterweight champion B.J. Penn exchanged a few messages via Twitter offered to accept a fight against each other. Penn suffered an injury that him out of action for a few months, but he appears ready to return.

Article

Post #1   6/10/11 10:20:01AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

The welterweight division in the UFC is definitely one of the deepest and best in the sport

"one of" ??

What other promotions can claim to have "one of" the best welterweight divisions in the sport?

Post #2   6/10/11 10:28:40AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I am more interested in Jake vs Fitch.

Bj should go back to lightweight, Fitch was so mch bigger than BJ, it showed me that BJ really is a p4p fighter still, by being the only fighter to take Fitch to a draw, while looking multiple weight classes smaller. I don't think Fitch deserved a 10-8 rd, he kept busy to avoid being stood up, but the gnp was to soft and close range to finish BJ, even though he is so much smaller.

when he fights Edgar again, make Edgar press foward and counter him like he did when BJ fought Sanchez. His punching and his kick that fight were awesome, eventhough Diego did not look 100%.

Post #3   6/10/11 12:01:13PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,952-1,623
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by pmoney

The welterweight division in the UFC is definitely one of the deepest and best in the sport

"one of" ??

What other promotions can claim to have "one of" the best welterweight divisions in the sport?

Although they could've worded it differently, I think they were comparing divisions as a whole.

Post #4   6/10/11 12:50:51PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Although they could've worded it differently, I think they were comparing divisions as a whole.

Ahhh..yeah, it definitely makes more sense when you read it like that.

Post #5   6/10/11 12:54:07PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Considering the UFC has been making so many rematches lately, it would be a shame for them not make a rematch for one of the few matches that deserve it, which is Fitch vs. Penn. That rematch needs to happen. As for Shields, I'd enjoy seeing him matched with Jake Ellenberger.

Post #6   6/10/11 1:06:41PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Considering the UFC has been making so many rematches lately, it would be a shame for them not make a rematch for one of the few matches that deserve it, which is Fitch vs. Penn. That rematch needs to happen. As for Shields, I'd enjoy seeing him matched with Jake Ellenberger.

i agree with this. Fitch and Shields will win though

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #7   6/10/11 2:20:46PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I am more interested in Jake vs Fitch.

Bj should go back to lightweight, Fitch was so mch bigger than BJ, it showed me that BJ really is a p4p fighter still, by being the only fighter to take Fitch to a draw, while looking multiple weight classes smaller. I don't think Fitch deserved a 10-8 rd, he kept busy to avoid being stood up, but the gnp was to soft and close range to finish BJ, even though he is so much smaller.

when he fights Edgar again, make Edgar press foward and counter him like he did when BJ fought Sanchez. His punching and his kick that fight were awesome, eventhough Diego did not look 100%.

agreed with first line, but didn't see the fitch/BJ fight.

Post #8   6/11/11 9:18:15AM   

SpicyMeatball

Learning to Sprawl

SpicyMeatball Avatar

Career:60-36
Chips:

I'd like to see Fitch vs Penn 2 and Shields vs Koscheck

Post #9   6/12/11 7:56:41AM