Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Randy Couture predicts UFC 131 Carwin vs Dos Santos

Print  
Posted By Message

bobbyd

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Randy Couture predicts UFC 131 Carwin vs Dos Santos

Post #1   6/9/11 12:54:52PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Randy has not said anything which we do not know already but I am going with Junior. I think he is fast enough to avoid the takedowns and the clinches. If junior can weather the storm in the first round, rounds two and three should be a lot easier for him to pick Carwin apart.

Post #2   6/9/11 2:00:37PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:
going with Carwin, just casue JDS seems to have enough people playing testicle tarzan with his nuts

and IMO Carwin may not be as technically good as a striker i think he has more raw power to his strikes, and being unorthodox can mess up techincal strikers because shots come from funny angles. Not to mention we have never seen JDS on his back, and Carwin certainly can put him there. It all comes down to carwin not blowing his load faster then a nerd in a whore house

Post #3   6/9/11 3:22:15PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

going with Carwin, just casue JDS seems to have enough people playing testicle tarzan with his nuts

Trust me, we've noticed the trend.

Post #4   6/9/11 3:25:59PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
I happen to think the tighter the hug, the more enthusiastic of a fan you are...

Fedor's use to keep me nice and warm throughout the winter months.

Post #5   6/9/11 4:45:39PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,499-881
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
This is about 60-40 in JDS favor in my opinion but his only real edge is cardio and Carwin is still the most dangerous heavyweight out there and could easily take this fight depending on his fight plan and patience. I think Carwin proved he has a chin in that Gonzaga fight rather than a lack of chin and I don't really know that JDS has done that yet, so we'll see what happens if he gets hurt in this fight.

Post #6   6/9/11 7:33:57PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

This is about 60-40 in JDS favor in my opinion but his only real edge is cardio and Carwin is still the most dangerous heavyweight out there and could easily take this fight depending on his fight plan and patience. I think Carwin proved he has a chin in that Gonzaga fight rather than a lack of chin and I don't really know that JDS has done that yet, so we'll see what happens if he gets hurt in this fight.

You bring up an interesting point. If Carwin can take a bit of punishment and secure the clinch, I would be worried for JDS. We all know Carwin can deliver good punches from the clinch.

Good call.

Post #7   6/9/11 7:46:54PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:529-373
Chips:
im going with JDS. carwin can punch hard but im pretty sure hes gonna get get outworked by a faster more technical JDS. on top of that i dont think carwin is gonna be able to get JDS down like he should or keep him there. im going with JDS by unan decision as long as carwin doesnt land a good one on his jaw cause that dude can put any man on the planet to sleep

Post #8   6/9/11 11:26:19PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
I don't think wrestling would even save Carwin. I know the Nog brothers black belts have gotten tapped alot on the ground making their black belts a little less credible but look at the Lesnar-Carwin fight. I don't think Lesnar's BJJ is anywhere near the level of anybody who trains with the Nog's and he locked in that choke with ease. Carwin looked like he didn't even know some **** like that was even possible.

I think his best chance is to pray he lands because I think Dos Santos would tap him off his back which I think the Nog brothers are preparing him for as well. But I think he's the better striker and will knocked Carwin out.

Post #9   6/10/11 1:10:57AM