Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Although cleared by commission, Gina Carano's return date unknown, manager says

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Everything was full steam ahead for Gina Carano until Monday.

According to her manager, the popular fighter had had a "phenomenal camp" in preparation for a fight with Sarah D'Alelio at "Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum" before an "unfortunate setback" prompted her doctor to advise against her participation in the event, which takes place June 18 at American Airlines Center in Dallas.

"She's bummed out and trained her ass off for this fight," Scott Karp today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) via text.

Article

Post #1   6/7/11 8:03:57PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
There was no reason given as to why she was withdrawn.

When contacted today by MMAjunkie.com, Jackson also declined comment, but he said that "the whole team loves Gina."

Who doesn't love (va)gyna

Post #2   6/7/11 10:59:11PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

There was no reason given as to why she was withdrawn.

When contacted today by MMAjunkie.com, Jackson also declined comment, but he said that "the whole team loves Gina."

Who doesn't love (va)gyna

LOL, I will spread some love and give you props for that one

Post #3   6/7/11 11:42:20PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
Damn this sucks, I wanted her to get that tune up out the way before she could fight Coenen to see who the 2nd baddest chick in all of MMA is.

I don't think it's a big deal, she'll probably fight at the Fedor card just maybe since they seem to make it out that it's not a big deal at all, sounds like some bad paper work BS. She'll definitely probably be back for the september card although it'd suck because that's another 3 months of layoff.

Post #4   6/8/11 12:58:43AM