Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

i hate emo!!!

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

hcazlekker

Banned

Career:34-26
Chips:
Emo is the ghey offspring of late 90s "grunge-goth" and bullsh*t "pop-punk."

Tickle Me Emo

Post #16   5/3/07 11:49:06AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by hcazlekker

Tickle Me Emo

Post #17   5/3/07 12:05:37PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
yeah i hate emo and douchebags

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #18   5/3/07 1:29:14PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
lol!

Not just that they pollinate like 80% certain crops too. So not only honey will be missing.

[quote]Bees are extremely important as pollinators in agriculture, especially the domesticated Western honey bee, with contract pollination having overtaken the role of honey production for beekeepers in many countries. Monoculture and pollinator decline (of many bee species) have increasingly caused honey bee keepers to become migratory so that bees can be concentrated in areas of pollination need at the appropriate season. Recently, many such migratory beekeepers have experienced substantial losses, prompting the announcement of investigation into the phenomenon, dubbed "Colony Collapse Disorder", amidst great concern over the nature and extent of the losses.[/quote]

ah going way off topic here oh well it's the padded room lol, and EMO's blow!

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by shackle

The USA honey bees are currently dieing rapidly from unknown reason (parasites or disease not proven yet) Not many people care, but it's very bad news. been on TV a good bit lately.

Damnit! How am I going to drink mead without honey to make it?!?!?

Post #19   5/3/07 1:59:31PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:

Posted by hcazlekker

Tickle Me Emo

good stuff, props

Post #20   5/3/07 2:13:48PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
lol emo music has gotten bastardized so much noone even knows or remembers where it started.

I actually think the emo fad is dieing down, well atleast here in Texas, my problem is the Hardcore kids...you arent hardcore, you spend more time on your hair than a girl and have lip peircings. I would curbstomp you for the hell of it.

I listen to a few bands that fit emo Bright eyes, Thursday,Saves the Day.

it's not entirely bad music, atleast the ones that do it right. I can't stand these ******* dime a dozen California bands like panic at the disco,fall out boy, dashboard coffesional the list goes on (seriously they all sound the ******* same)

emo used to be this real independant movement that was loosely based off of punk rock ( since Ian Mackaye originally started one of the first emo bands). The fanbase wasnt nearly as whiney or super depressed bitch babies, it was just people who enjoyed emo bands.

MTV and kids who think they are the end all be all of the subculture ruined emo.

its gotten retardly blown up, now all you have to do is wear converses comb your hair over wear some stupid poser band's T-Shirt (that is 1 or 2 sizes too small) along with some girl pants and you are set for the scene.

sorry if it's a rant but I hate it when kids ruin a scene that used to be alright.

side note: this thread brings me back to highschool and I'll be the first to admit I did some dumb things to fit in, nowadays when I look back upon it, If I saw myself and how I acted until my junior and senior year I would have called myself a poser. but now I don't give shit, it's highschool we all were in some way trying to fit in at some point. I'm just glad I realized it later.

Last edited 5/8/07 4:29PM server time by ManBeast
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   5/8/07 4:19:15PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by ManBeast

bright eyes?!.....the dude cant hit a single note. if thats the epitomy of emo then i now think even worse of it.

Post #22   5/8/07 4:32:47PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by ManBeast

bright eyes?!.....the dude cant hit a single note. if thats the epitomy of emo then i now think even worse of it.

his voice isnt the greatest but you have to listen to the lyrics and music as well. yeah he has a raspy voice but that is part of emo, but you can't deny the guy is talented and great a performer.

Last edited 5/8/07 4:37PM server time by ManBeast
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   5/8/07 4:37:11PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
What's funny is that some of the more famous EMO kids (like musicians) wear designer clothes (made in a punk style). I'm not a punk expert, but doesn't that go against the punk concept?

Post #24   5/8/07 5:24:28PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
"you think im part of an anarchist..group"
"so that means the anarchists organize... meetings?"
"im no expert on anarchist or anything but..does't that defy the meaning?"

Post #25   5/8/07 8:03:56PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

What's funny is that some of the more famous EMO kids (like musicians) wear designer clothes (made in a punk style). I'm not a punk expert, but doesn't that go against the punk concept?

Rollins and Ian Mackaye were middle class but they turned out alright.

it doesnt bug me that they would wear designer clothes, I mean if my band or album was selling good I would wear fur lined coats all the time.

Post #26   5/9/07 5:04:03AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by ManBeast

it doesnt bug me that they would wear designer clothes, I mean if my band or album was selling good I would wear fur lined coats all the time.

But if you are portraying a punk image, then aren't you supposed 'fight the machine' and stay away from commercial and mainstream?

I'm not knocking them for wearing expensive clothes, but when you are making money selling an image (or 'idea') that is opposite to your doing, it seems like a sell out to me.

It's like Jennifer Lopez saying she's still "Jenny from the Block", yet the whole video is her showing off all the expensive stuff she buys and wears. It's not exactly a concept that makes me think - oh wow, they are so modest.

Post #27   5/9/07 8:27:43AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by ManBeast

Posted by Rush

Henry Rollins became famous for wearing nothing but a pair of black shorts and a pair of cheap sneakers!

Post #28   5/9/07 12:33:41PM   

EEKS

MMA Regular

EEKS Avatar

Career:182-110
Camp: Chicago Top Team
Chips:
Bunch of pansies

Post #29   6/17/07 7:36:35AM   

phvcx_1337

Learning to Sprawl

phvcx_1337 Avatar

Career:84-32
Chips:
Emo is the new gay, its just a politically correct way to say faggot in public places. These people parade around down here in southeast MO and most of them get their asses kicked because they try to make friends with the wrong people. I will give them this though some of the emo chicks are really hot.

Post #30   6/17/07 1:17:04PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3