Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kurt Angle onTalks With UFC and Trying Out For 2012 Olympics

Print  
Posted By Message

rockyf

MMA Regular

Career:38-31
Chips:
Former Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle talks about his negotiations with UFC, and his intention to try out for the 2012 Olympic American wrestling team.

Kurt Angle Interview

Do we care or is he just getting older and trying to remain relevent?

Post #1   6/7/11 8:38:11AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:580-379
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I admire Kurt and his olympic aspirations at his age it's a crazy thing to reattempt but this guy is a superfreak and will give it his best shot i'm looking foward to seeing how he does. And who knows how he would of done if he came to the ufc instead of going back 2 pro wrestling I reckon he would've been great with his wrestling skills and he's used to throwing lots of fake punches so his standup wouldn't have been that bad but yeah who knows personally i would have loved to see Lesnar v Angle in a "real fight" but that'll never happen haha.

Post #2   6/7/11 8:57:54AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,335-1,232
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He'll never be in the UFC.

Post #3   6/7/11 9:20:01AM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:580-379
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I agree he won't be in the UFC now but back in 2006 Dana was pushing hard for Kurt to join the company but he wen't to pro wrestling instead.

Post #4   6/7/11 10:05:43AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Lesnar1

Posted by emfleek

I agree he won't be in the UFC now but back in 2006 Dana was pushing hard for Kurt to join the company but he wen't to pro wrestling instead.

I question if it was Dana that was pushing and it was more Kurt talking

Post #5   6/7/11 11:18:59AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,335-1,232
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by postman

I question if it was Dana that was pushing and it was more Kurt talking

My thoughts exactly.

Post #6   6/7/11 11:31:03AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:
this is Kurt Angle pretending hes still someone... he could of been someone in MMA 15 years ago, but now hes nothing more then Kimbo slice.

Post #7   6/7/11 1:51:37PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

this is Kurt Angle pretending hes still someone... he could of been someone in MMA 15 years ago, but now hes nothing more then Kimbo slice.

I would favor Kurt in a fight with kimbo

Post #8   6/7/11 8:54:44PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Jekyll

i mean hes a gimmick not a real fighter, like Lesnar but older and more injuries

Post #9   6/7/11 11:03:15PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,526-889
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by postman

Posted by Jekyll

i mean hes a gimmick not a real fighter, like Lesnar but older and more injuries

In MMA Lesnar is what Angle could have been.
In wrestling Angle is what Lesnar could have maintained if he had stayed.

Post #10   6/8/11 7:54:01PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by postman

Posted by Jekyll

i what i know about Angel is he actualy dedicates himself to something where historically with Lesnar if he was not told he was the god of what he was doing he would quit... If Angle had joined the UFC instead of pro wrestling he would of been a title holder for most likely longer then anyone else.

Lesnar quit WWE because he was told he would not be champ forever, he tried football and was told he wouldn't make the team first year tryout but if he worked he could because something so he quit, now look at him in MMA i bet he retires after the next time he gets his ass beat.

Angle would of been amazing in the UFC i think. However in one year in the WWE he prolly made more money then he would of in 10 years in the UFC

Post #11   6/8/11 8:13:46PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,526-889
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by postman

Posted by Jekyll

i what i know about Angel is he actualy dedicates himself to something where historically with Lesnar if he was not told he was the god of what he was doing he would quit... If Angle had joined the UFC instead of pro wrestling he would of been a title holder for most likely longer then anyone else.

Lesnar quit WWE because he was told he would not be champ forever, he tried football and was told he wouldn't make the team first year tryout but if he worked he could because something so he quit, now look at him in MMA i bet he retires after the next time he gets his ass beat.

Angle would of been amazing in the UFC i think. However in one year in the WWE he prolly made more money then he would of in 10 years in the UFC

that's a good point. At the time Angle would have been in his prime condition it wouldn't have even had made since to make the jump. WWE was exploding in popularity and guys like Shamrock,Severn,and Tank where making the transistion.

Post #12   6/8/11 9:09:28PM