Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New UFC Commentators?

Print  
Should they be replaced?
Replace Goldberg 15 41%
Replace Rogan 2 5%
Replace Both 3 8%
Keep Both 17 46%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,552-908
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I like the humor that they add to the broadcasts and I honestly don't mind Goldy sounding half drunk most of the time. I enjoy how they sometimes go off topic it makes a boring fight watchable.

Post #16   6/7/11 7:50:47PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by postman

Being realistic neither is going anywhere. Now my suggestion would be to bring back Randy at least then he can be insightful and take air time away from the other two.

I agree with all of this. Realistically neither of them are going anywhere. However if I had my choice I'd throw Goldberg out of there like what should have been done along time ago and replace him with Mauro Ranallo because the man has so much energy and so much love for the sport, with great intelligence about it where Goldberg just states the obvious and sometimes even fails at that.

Also Joe & Goldberg get a little dull sometimes, get a little quite. Whereas I don't think I've ever heard a boring telecast from Mauro. He's always keeping the conversation interesting even if the fight sucks.

I definitely agree with bringing in a fighter to help them too. Kind of like what HBO & Showtime do with boxing, having Tarver & Roy Jones sitting there with them. Randy or Frank Shamrock would be fantastic for the job as they have proven time and time again.

Post #17   6/8/11 1:29:05AM   

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:2,008-1,182
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Id gutted if Joe Rogan left, i think he is a great commentator and I love his enthusiasm, he if a true fan commentating on a sport he loves. I personally find Goldberg irritating and I hate all of the errors he makes when quoting facts. Id be happy to see him gone.

Post #18   6/8/11 2:19:51AM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by postman

Being realistic neither is going anywhere. Now my suggestion would be to bring back Randy at least then he can be insightful and take air time away from the other two.

I agree with all of this. Realistically neither of them are going anywhere. However if I had my choice I'd throw Goldberg out of there like what should have been done along time ago and replace him with Mauro Ranallo because the man has so much energy and so much love for the sport, with great intelligence about it where Goldberg just states the obvious and sometimes even fails at that.

Also Joe & Goldberg get a little dull sometimes, get a little quite. Whereas I don't think I've ever heard a boring telecast from Mauro. He's always keeping the conversation interesting even if the fight sucks.

I definitely agree with bringing in a fighter to help them too. Kind of like what HBO & Showtime do with boxing, having Tarver & Roy Jones sitting there with them. Randy or Frank Shamrock would be fantastic for the job as they have proven time and time again.

Hell no! Mauro Ranallo is the absolute worst! Everytime that man speaks I have an urge to physically assault him!

Post #19   6/8/11 1:19:59PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:3,138-1,716
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I think they should bring back Bruce Beck and Jeff Blatnick from the old UFC days.

Post #20   6/8/11 8:24:40PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:

Posted by tepid55

I think they should bring back Bruce Beck and Jeff Blatnick from the old UFC days.

you know Blatnick was one of a MAJOR influences on the Unified MMA rules, he came up with most of them when they were trying to get MMA sanctioned.. he was also the man that coined the term Mixed Martial Arts

but he was a pretty bad comentator

Post #21   6/8/11 9:03:02PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
I don't know how Goldberg could be considered a reasonably good commentator. Has he ever inspired you with his words? Has he ever walked you through action in a fight? Or has he made you cringe at the things he says?

Post #22   6/8/11 11:42:08PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2