Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

MMA bill passes tourism committee in New York, hurdles remain to vote

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
One down, three to go.

The New York State Assembly's Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development committee today passed a bill to regulate the sport of MMA in the Empire State.

The bill, titled A04146A, passed by a vote of 16-3, according to a representative from the office of its sponsor, New York Assemblyman Steven Englebright. However, several hurdles remain before the bill becomes law.

LINK

Post #1   6/6/11 4:04:23PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Every step counts. I hope mma becomes legal there soon. New York is close enough for me to go to their events as well. And I just know the first card in New York is going to be huge.

Post #2   6/6/11 11:33:10PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
WTF is wrong with NYC if mma doesn't get legalised their this year then i'll be pissed it's just annoying how these corrupt A - Holes on the commissions there are dragging it out so much jeeezz it also hurts the growth of mma in America cause NYC is one of the biggest markets for events in your country so yeah it's annoying hopefully the mma bill gets passed this year.

Post #3   6/7/11 7:06:20AM