Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TUF 13 Finale - Discussion and Results (spoilers)

Print  
  Page 5 of 10   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7     8   >>
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
The only fight I've actually gotten wrong was grispi vs roop, but I unfortunately picked the right fighter in the hot bout and the judges disagreed.

Post #61   6/4/11 10:15:28PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

I thought Maldonado won rounds 1 and 3 because Maldonado got the better of every one of those clinches after the first one, but regardless it was an awesome fight.

I agree with everyone that Maldonado needs to move down to MW. He would give a lot of those guys problems.

no way Maldonado won the first...i see your point though when in the clinch hes hitting the body but depending on where the judges are and angle theyre at they might not see any of that and just see Kingsbury controlling Maldoando and kneeing him and they cant see Maldonado is blocking most with his arms...

Serioulsy the fight coulda been a draw...but not Maldonado winning

Post #62   6/4/11 10:17:39PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:
Carwin looks in shape...hes a smart guy..Im picking him...

Post #63   6/4/11 10:18:52PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
I'm going to go ahead and guess that these guys are going to gas pretty fast since neither of them have had a fight in close to 2 years.

Last edited 6/4/11 10:20PM server time by Aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #64   6/4/11 10:20:17PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by Aether

I'm going to go ahead and guess that these guys are going to gas pretty fast since neither of them have had a fight in close to 2 years.

herman and Tim?

Post #65   6/4/11 10:21:31PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by ncordless

I thought Maldonado won rounds 1 and 3 because Maldonado got the better of every one of those clinches after the first one, but regardless it was an awesome fight.

I agree with everyone that Maldonado needs to move down to MW. He would give a lot of those guys problems.

no way Maldonado won the first...i see your point though when in the clinch hes hitting the body but depending on where the judges are and angle theyre at they might not see any of that and just see Kingsbury controlling Maldoando and kneeing him and they cant see Maldonado is blocking most with his arms...

This.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #66   6/4/11 10:23:20PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,754-1,581
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Not the appropriate thread but Donald Brashear won his mma debut in 21 seconds.

Post #67   6/4/11 10:24:04PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:
Man, I'm 4-4. I absolutely hate TUF cards.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #68   6/4/11 10:24:41PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Thats how I scored it as well. IPicked Kingsberry and had him in my parley and I thought for sure he lost 29-28.

Post #69   6/4/11 10:27:31PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Carwin looks in shape...hes a smart guy..Im picking him...

I can't get past the fact that not so long ago GG was working Carwin over till he was put to sleep. As good as Carwin looks I have a tough time beliving his Cardio is going to be light years better.

Post #70   6/4/11 10:30:25PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,868-1,068
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by ncordless

This.

I agree that judges suck, and that I could envision that they would be giving those clinches to Kingsbury, but that doesn't mean he should have won. Maldonado blocked nearly every knee and was landing rib roasters.

Post #71   6/4/11 10:32:27PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
damn that's a pretty good way to come back.

second part of my parlay right there.

Post #72   6/4/11 10:33:28PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Posted by kopower

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by ncordless

This.

I agree that judges suck, and that I could envision that they would be giving those clinches to Kingsbury, but that doesn't mean he should have won. Maldonado blocked nearly every knee and was landing rib roasters.

Even when you block a knee, you take a pretty good deal of force from them, it's not like they should be considered completely negated. I think he also landed a lot more than you might think, Kingsbury was landing punches when they broke from the clinch pretty frequently as well as a decent amount of kicks and tons of knees. Maldonado definitely did damage with his shots but Kingsbury was landing more frequently and controlling the pace of the fight the whole round.

Post #73   6/4/11 10:36:35PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Chips:
I agree that Maldonado blocked every one of those knee's. Unfortunately, the judges rarely see this and award the aggression. It seems like the judges are blinded to the counter striking many times. I didn't have a problem, or was surprised with Kingsbury winning the fight though. This is coming from somebody that picked Maldonado.

Post #74   6/4/11 10:36:53PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,475-898
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This could end up being my worst card ever. 4-5 so far. Lost my parlay on maldonado. (screaming expletives)

Post #75   6/4/11 10:41:36PM   

Page 5 of 10   <<   2     3     4     5     6     7     8   >>