Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fixed Fights

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

If I was Yves and was about to throw a fight. Why the hell would I go get submitted by a guy with barely NO ground experience and by a terrible triangle. Wouldn't the guy throwing the fight want it to look legit?? If I was Yves and I was about to threw that fight I would go down to one of Marks body shots a´la Ruediger.

Exactly. Just like Gonzaga KO'ing Cro Cop. Thats just to out of wack.
If somthin looks amazing and out of this world it probably is.

Anything can happen in MMA, Hominick subbed Edwards. Suprising, hell yeah. But he showed some awesome skill in that fight. And Mark isnt a rookie on the ground. He got skills.
I wish people would stop trying to take anything away from fighters.

Besides who bets that much money on the ******* undercard?

Post #31   5/5/07 6:48:53PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
If there's one fight in the UFC that I think could be a fixed it's the Shamrock and franklin fight.... Not saying it is, but this gif I found on sherdog makes it look even more fishy

Not trying to take anything away from fraknklin, but damn, it is alittle weird

Post #32   5/13/07 1:10:44AM   

teamquestnorth

Standup Guy

teamquestnorth Avatar

Career:867-600
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
it looks like shamrock started to go for a takedown and at the last minute saw franklin coming with a punch and tried to block but then again shamrock was a pro wrestler

Post #33   5/13/07 4:55:46PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
If you remember watching that fight... It was like Ken didn't really have his legs under him... If I remember correctly he fell a couple of times during the fight and he just didn't seem comfortable in the ring... I don't think it was as much a fix as a really really really bad night for Ken

Post #34   5/14/07 5:12:36PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by Fanboy 1988

If there's one fight in the UFC that I think could be a fixed it's the Shamrock and franklin fight.... Not saying it is, but this gif I found on sherdog makes it look even more fishy

Wow that gif IS fishy. Nobody goes for a takedown with their body collapsing and their balance on their toes. Especially not a fighter of Ken Shamrocks caliber.

Look at his feet. Before Franklin even lands/or doesn't land the jab Ken bends his knees in a falling motion. As I mentioned before his balance is on his toes like he's trying some frickin ballet dancing

Post #35   5/14/07 7:59:08PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Stickan

If I was Yves and was about to throw a fight. Why the hell would I go get submitted by a guy with barely NO ground experience and by a terrible triangle. Wouldn't the guy throwing the fight want it to look legit?? If I was Yves and I was about to threw that fight I would go down to one of Marks body shots a´la Ruediger.

Exactly. Just like Gonzaga KO'ing Cro Cop. Thats just to out of wack.
If somthin looks amazing and out of this world it probably is.

Anything can happen in MMA, Hominick subbed Edwards. Suprising, hell yeah. But he showed some awesome skill in that fight. And Mark isnt a rookie on the ground. He got skills.
I wish people would stop trying to take anything away from fighters.

Besides who bets that much money on the ******* undercard?

The problem is, besides Yves getting submitted by a guy far less than him on the ground, that it was an awfull triangle. Joe Rogan noticed about 1 minute before it happend that Yves had taken his arm out, and said all Mark needs to do is hook the feet. Long after that Mark went for it. Then the normally calm, cool, and collected Yves paniced forgot the defense was to move your feet towards the head, and tried to get Rampage on him.

You asked why Yves would lose to a triangle. The simple answer is that it would hurt less and the risk would be far less than taking a blow to the dome undefended. I don't know if he threw it, but it was the by far the most suspiscious of any fight I have ever seen.

You also made the comment about the undercard. That is the point. Boxing wouldn't allow a fight this low on the event to have a betting line. The prelim guys don't make enough money to have to deal with the distractions of throwing a fight. This was the whole point MMA weekly was trying to make when the did an article about it. I wish I could find the article, but it was written over a year ago.

Post #36   5/16/07 12:29:51AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Hominick did turn his body so Yves couldnt slam him out of it. You can clearly see that both fighters are on their side when Yves taps.

Post #37   5/16/07 12:12:02PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Fanboy 1988

hes just moving forward with all his weight at the very tips of his toes but his footwork is just horrible. By the time he tries to stop his weight is moving forward too much and with all the weight he just gets himself off balance and his legs seemed to not be there in this fight...... besides thats not even the reason he lost. he lost after slipping after throwing a decent kick.

Post #38   5/16/07 12:56:40PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3