Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Jorge Santiago thought Brian Stann would be an easy fight

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Easy does it for middleweight masher Jorge Santiago, who tells Tatame.com that his performance against Brian Stann at this past weekend's UFC 130: "Rampage vs. Hamill" event on May 28 in Las Vegas can be attributed to a lackadaisical attitude toward the match-up. "Sandman" thought he could sink "All American" quickly but was instead felled in the second round via brutal knockout after eating quite a few big shots from the former Marine.

Article

Follow link for Santiago quote

Post #1   6/2/11 5:53:26PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,573-1,315
Chips:
Thoughts on a next opponent for Santiago ?

Post #2   6/2/11 6:02:38PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:
How about Tim Boetsch? He's not super high on the ladder, and he just had a fairly good first fight at 185.... First guy that came to mind. Kind of an interesting clash of styles, I would think.

Post #3   6/2/11 6:06:33PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:
Dan Miller, Kendall Grove, and Dave Branch are all also coming off of losses and have no fights scheduled. Boetsch also has no fight scheduled as pmoney mentioned.

Nick Ring and Chris Weidman both fight June 11th and could possibly be good opponents.

UFC 133 on August 6th has 3 MW bouts: Sakara/Rivera, Fukuda/Natal, and Sexyama/Belfort. If any of the 6 drop out in the next month I'd think Santiago would be at the top of the list for a replacement and he probably wants to get back in there to try and get a W.

Post #4   6/2/11 6:18:16PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

"I guess what went wrong is that I was too confident. I didn't feel the pressure by the fans, of having everybody staring at me. I was to at ease, I thought it'd be easy and I lost focus. I didn't do what I could've done. The guys that train with me and are part of my team, like Gesias (Cavalcante) said, I didn't do half what I could. It was his big day. Next time I won't let it happen."

I just had to put this out here, because wow.

You didn't feel pressure from the fans? All the US fans remember is him getting KO'ed twice. The rest are like, "Sengoku? WTF is that? Is that UFC or MMA?"

You thought it would be easy and you lost focus? Did you think it would be easy based on your previous experience of getting knocked out twice and losing you job with the UFC?

I dunno. I could keep going, but I won't. It's just a shame. I don't even know if he deserves another crack at the UFC with that attitude.

Post #5   6/2/11 6:20:46PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
He's an idiot if he thought Stann would be an easy fight. I'd like to see him against Dan Miller personally but a Boetsch fight would make sense.

Post #6   6/2/11 7:33:52PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

He's an idiot if he thought Stann would be an easy fight. I'd like to see him against Dan Miller personally but a Boetsch fight would make sense.

Awesome call on Dan Miller

Post #7   6/2/11 7:49:39PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Dan Miller, Kendall Grove, and Dave Branch are all also coming off of losses and have no fights scheduled. Boetsch also has no fight scheduled as pmoney mentioned.

Nick Ring and Chris Weidman both fight June 11th and could possibly be good opponents.

UFC 133 on August 6th has 3 MW bouts: Sakara/Rivera, Fukuda/Natal, and Sexyama/Belfort. If any of the 6 drop out in the next month I'd think Santiago would be at the top of the list for a replacement and he probably wants to get back in there to try and get a W.

Dave Branch isn't in the UFC anymore, and he won his last fight against Jeremy May.

Post #8   6/2/11 8:18:27PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Kpro

Dave Branch isn't in the UFC anymore, and he won his last fight against Jeremy May.

It was a terrible decision to let Branch go in my opinion. I think we'll see him back in the ufc soon.

Post #9   6/2/11 8:21:26PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Kpro

I guess that confirms why he has no fight scheduled in the UFC

Post #10   6/2/11 8:22:28PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Budgellism

Awesome call on Dan Miller

I love the Miller brothers. You can count on both of them to bring a fight to whoever they're competiting against.

Post #11   6/2/11 8:22:42PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Kpro

I guess that confirms why he has no fight scheduled in the UFC

Guess so. haha. I would like to Grove vs. Santiago, though.

Post #12   6/2/11 8:27:31PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
BRING BACK BARONI

Last edited 6/2/11 9:03PM server time by Bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #13   6/2/11 9:03:14PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

BRING BACK BARONI

Please no.

Post #14   6/2/11 10:51:30PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Wow... was he wrong or what? I used to subscribe to Ultimate Grappling Magazine (now Ultimate MMA). One of my favorite sections was when they would show quotes from fighters in pre-fight interviews and then follow it with the actual fight result. There were some pretty good ones that I can't remember right now. This reminds me of that.

Post #15   6/3/11 2:30:15AM