Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 130 winner Brian Stann on two-year title plan, boss predicts superstardom

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

hes 5-2 in the UFC...

He's 3-0 at *Middleweight*.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports

Post #31   6/2/11 3:15:48PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,639-3,244
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by Kpro

No sense for us to nitpick on Stann's current skill-set. The name of the article and post title says two year title plan. You can learn a lot in two years and he's already 3-0 in the UFC at 185 finishing a striker with 11 UFC wins, the Sengoku Middleweight Champ, and a former JC National Champion Wrestler. 2 year plan sounds about right to me.

hes 5-2 in the UFC...

what i an shocked about is still the bias of most the posters.. Lebon had the flu when he fought Stann but no-one discredits his win, but when a simalar thing happen in a fight where the winner does not have half the forum playing testicle tarzan with him the win has 0 credability

Read his post man, it says 3-0 at middleweight...

Post #32   6/2/11 3:29:30PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:2,259-1,437
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll
what i an shocked about is still the bias of most the posters.. Lebon had the flu when he fought Stann but no-one discredits his win, but when a simalar thing happen in a fight where the winner does not have half the forum playing testicle tarzan with him the win has 0 credability

If Leben had the flu, and was as sick as was reported, he should have pulled out of the fight. I am a huge Leben fan, and I hate any time a fighter pulls out of a card. But some times you have to take your health and career into consideration. I picked Leben to win that fight, for the record.

If Leben didn't pull out of the fight, it is ridiculous to suggest (as you have) that we should discredit Brian Stann's win.

I would also be curious to have an example of another fight, one you may be referring to when you say that people will discredit the winner if the opponent doesn't come in 100%, and the winner is not widely liked.

Last edited 6/2/11 8:04PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: clarification

Post #33   6/2/11 8:01:15PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Jekyll

If Leben had the flu, and was as sick as was reported, he should have pulled out of the fight. I am a huge Leben fan, and I hate any time a fighter pulls out of a card. But some times you have to take your health and career into consideration. I picked Leben to win that fight, for the record.

If Leben didn't pull out of the fight, it is ridiculous to suggest (as you have) that we should discredit Brian Stann's win.

I would also be curious to have an example of another fight, one you may be referring to when you say that people will discredit the winner if the opponent doesn't come in 100%, and the winner is not widely liked.

Mir vs Nog, Mir Vs Nelson

you yourself have discredited Mirs win over Roy

Post #34   6/3/11 5:41:29AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:865-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

Posted by Kpro

No sense for us to nitpick on Stann's current skill-set. The name of the article and post title says two year title plan. You can learn a lot in two years and he's already 3-0 in the UFC at 185 finishing a striker with 11 UFC wins, the Sengoku Middleweight Champ, and a former JC National Champion Wrestler. 2 year plan sounds about right to me.

hes 5-2 in the UFC...

it is probably because he followed that win up with another win over a good fighter that didn't have the flu as far as i know.

Post #35   6/3/11 3:04:23PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3