Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Fitch Not Interested in Rick Story Fight, Would Wait for BJ Penn or Georges St-Pierre

Print  
Who would rather see Jon Fitch fight?
George St. Pierre 2 7%
B.J Penn 12 40%
Rick Story 16 53%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,260-1,272
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Fitch deserves another title shot? Seriously? Ok I will play nice here....What has Fitch done since his last title shot to show he would do better? Thats the question...I say nothing and actually has looked worse.....What the BJ fight again if you want to see Fitch....He deserves it if he KOs a guy like Johnson, Marquardt, Rick Story,,,Shields Diaz...I mean dang he could easily lost that fight to BJ i bet on him and wasnt comfy when the final bell rung...and like other guy said to a lightweight fighter...and at his own game...

Why does he need to KO one of them to be worthy of a title shot? Did I miss the memo when decision wins became no contests and only finishes counted?

Of the guys you'd like to see him KO all but Shields and Story have fights already scheduled. Marquardt hasn't even fought at WW yet so he's not anywhere near a #1 contender match. Shields probably wouldn't want the fight coming off a loss and a fight between Fitch and Shields guarantees another rematch of a fight that nobody is overly excited for.

So ultimately I think it has to be either Story or wait for a Penn Rematch.

Given his record I have no problem with him waiting for Penn, but should Story take a fight with someone like Koscheck and win, Fitch better not complain when Story gets a crack at GSP before him.

Post #16   6/1/11 11:49:50PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by FastKnockout

Considering he sits on a record of 13-1-1 in the UFC, he has the right to turn down a fight like Story. How many other fighters have a record of that caliber in the UFC who don't hold a belt? He wants another shot at the title, and he deserves it, if fans want to see it or not. Excitement is great and all, but the W is what matters most, and Fitch has a hell of a lot of them. Two of them being Alves, who Story just beat once.

Fitch deserves another title shot? Seriously? Ok I will play nice here....What has Fitch done since his last title shot to show he would do better? Thats the question...I say nothing and actually has looked worse.....What the BJ fight again if you want to see Fitch....He deserves it if he KOs a guy like Johnson, Marquardt, Rick Story,,,Shields Diaz...I mean dang he could easily lost that fight to BJ i bet on him and wasnt comfy when the final bell rung...and like other guy said to a lightweight fighter...and at his own game...

Yeah, I said it once, and I will say it again. Fitch deserves a title shot. He's won five consecutive fights and one draw (Which I thought he won) since his loss to St.Pierre. Who would you rather see fight GSP besides Diaz? Story, whose best win was against Alves, who Fitch beat twice? Penn? Who just fought to a draw with Fitch? Condit? who knocked out Hardy and was given a miracle stoppage against McDonald? No, none of those. It doesn't matter if he's a changed fighter or not, what matters is that he's earned his way back to another shot.

Fitch only deserves another shot at St. Pierre or Penn if he knocks out Johnson, Marquardt, Story, Shields, or Diaz? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure anyone in the UFC Welterweight division would have a hell of a hard time knocking any of those guys out. Why should Fitch have to do it?

I'm one of the biggest Penn haters, but I can't hate on him for fighting in a heavier weight class, and that also goes towards the guys he fights. Penn is Penn no matter if he fights at Lightweight or Welterweight, and the fact is he is one of the best pound for pound fighters in the UFC's history.

Last edited 6/2/11 12:47AM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #17   6/2/11 12:45:01AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by FastKnockout

Considering he sits on a record of 13-1-1 in the UFC, he has the right to turn down a fight like Story. How many other fighters have a record of that caliber in the UFC who don't hold a belt? He wants another shot at the title, and he deserves it, if fans want to see it or not. Excitement is great and all, but the W is what matters most, and Fitch has a hell of a lot of them. Two of them being Alves, who Story just beat once.

Yeah, I said it once, and I will say it again. Fitch deserves a title shot. He's won five consecutive fights and one draw (Which I thought he won) since his loss to St.Pierre. Who would you rather see fight GSP besides Diaz? Story, whose best win was against Alves, who Fitch beat twice? Penn? Who just fought to a draw with Fitch? Condit? who knocked out Hardy and was given a miracle stoppage against McDonald? No, none of those. It doesn't matter if he's a changed fighter or not, what matters is that he's earned his way back to another shot.

Fitch only deserves another shot at St. Pierre or Penn if he knocks out Johnson, Marquardt, Story, Shields, or Diaz? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure anyone in the UFC Welterweight division would have a hell of a hard time knocking any of those guys out. Why should Fitch have to do it?

I'm one of the biggest Penn haters, but I can't hate on him for fighting in a heavier weight class, and that also goes towards the guys he fights. Penn is Penn no matter if he fights at Lightweight or Welterweight, and the fact is he is one of the best pound for pound fighters in the UFC's history.

I said yeah a KO because weve seen that fight and from a fan and someone whos a realist that fight doesnt engage me...I am sure the UFC brass would agree with me too so glad you state your case here but nobody but you wnats to see Fitch fight GSP again...Well let me spell it out....Unless he has shown some improvement where it might be competitive to say the very least...

FITCH has done nothing to show there would be a differnet outcome...

To be honest I would rather see Fitch fight the other guys anyone but GSP GSP needs new challenges and I suspect if Fitch and GSP meet again Fitch might put his career in jeopardy like Koscheck....GSP evolves his game and works to get better....and better..>Fitch changed his diet and BJ almost beat him and in no way did Fitch win that fight...And I had real money on him....If it was five rounds yeah he woulda won but it was three...

Post #18   6/2/11 12:11:46PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:
GPS is on such another level then Fitch that his number 2 might as well be 10 places away from GSP.

Fitch will never beat GPS, hes a weaker MMA wrestler and cannot match GSP on the feet...

Post #19   6/2/11 1:52:48PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Fitch had to pull out of UFC 132 to have rotator cuff surgery and is due back around December and then Penn pulled out of UFC 132 less than a week later due to a shoulder injury that will keep him out until around December.

The timelines fit too perfectly that we have to assume they'll most likely be rematching to face the winner of GSP/Diaz.

And if they are, I'd assume the two other fights Story would want would be Koscheck (if he's even over his eye injury) or more likely the winner of the Condit/Kim fight on July 2nd.

Post #20   6/2/11 2:10:02PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Fitch had to pull out of UFC 132 to have rotator cuff surgery and is due back around December and then Penn pulled out of UFC 132 less than a week later due to a shoulder injury that will keep him out until around December.

The timelines fit too perfectly that we have to assume they'll most likely be rematching to face the winner of GSP/Diaz.

And if they are, I'd assume the two other fights Story would want would be Koscheck (if he's even over his eye injury) or more likely the winner of the Condit/Kim fight on July 2nd.

BJ won't fight GSP again IMO... he was beaten like a red headed step child that stole something last time

Post #21   6/2/11 2:18:59PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,479-1,275
Chips:
Yeah I'd love to see a Diaz/Penn fight so if GSP retains; I'll be rooting for Fitch if they do Fitch/Penn 2.

Post #22   6/2/11 2:32:05PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

BJ won't fight GSP again IMO... he was beaten like a red headed step child that stole something last time

If he had a choice in the matter, i can almost gurantee you he would take the fight.

Post #23   6/2/11 4:30:03PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Jekyll

If he had a choice in the matter, i can almost gurantee you he would take the fight.

and if he did would garentee that he will have his mommy complain about his overwhelming beatdown to the gaming commision again

Post #24   6/2/11 5:01:19PM   

SNAPNAPORTAP

Learning to Sprawl

SNAPNAPORTAP Avatar

Career:89-84
Camp: Champions Den
Chips:
Sorry, I have NO desire to see GSP fight BJ again. What are we on, BJ Penn version 7.0? AND GSP's hands have gotten quicker since the last time they fought. Go back to LW BJ!

Post #25   6/5/11 12:45:46PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2