Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva Says Yushi Okami Shouldn't Train With 'Loser 'Sonnen

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva defends his title in August when the UFC returns to his home country of Brazil for the first time since the late 90's as he takes on Yushin Okami in the main event of UFC: Rio.

Silva has faced Okami one time before, losing to the Japanese fighter in Hawaii via a disqualification, and will look to avenge that loss in the process of defending the strap.

Silva talked about Okami this week and gave his thoughts on his decision to align himself with Chael Sonnen and company prior to the contest to prepare:

“You have to find the best people to train with, and I think [Okami] chose wrong,” Silva said.

Link

Last edited 5/31/11 3:56PM server time by sparky
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #1   5/31/11 3:52:38PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I mean he picked a good wrestling/ground and pound trainer.
But overall Sonnen is a scum bag....so i wouldn't train with him.
Maybe thats what Silva meant by a bad pick.

Post #2   5/31/11 4:16:18PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Sonnen really rubbed Silva the wrong way with the Nogueira brother comments.

Post #3   5/31/11 5:04:12PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Sonnen's insights on Silva will allow Okami to have a legitimate chance. Okami is a strong middle weight and if he can learn to translate that strength into take downs and follow it up with ground and pounds with the help of Sonnen, he should be able to give Anderson a run for his money.

Anderson has looked the same over the years while Okami has improved tremendously in the stand up and in the grappling/wrestling.

I am glad Okami is finally getting his long awaited title shot. I am pulling for Okami for an upset. Here's to wishful thinking.

Post #4   5/31/11 5:35:38PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
Mr. Anderson is scared
Okami has great wrestling already, he could learn a few things from sonnen.

.........like.....posture up!

Okami wins!

Post #5   5/31/11 6:12:48PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,566-910
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Sonnen's insights on Silva will allow Okami to have a legitimate chance. Okami is a strong middle weight and if he can learn to translate that strength into take downs and follow it up with ground and pounds with the help of Sonnen, he should be able to give Anderson a run for his money.

Anderson has looked the same over the years while Okami has improved tremendously in the stand up and in the grappling/wrestling.

I am glad Okami is finally getting his long awaited title shot. I am pulling for Okami for an upset. Here's to wishful thinking.

Anderson has NOT looked the same. He evolves more from fight to fight than anyone other than GSP. He's always adding new tools and tricks and they come out in his performances. Watch one anderson fight then watch his very next. I guarantee you will see a technique in the second that wasn't in the first, or anyother fight for that matter.

Post #6   5/31/11 6:20:44PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,987-1,634
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Okami also worked with Sonnen to prepare for a fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 90 before a hand injury forced him to pull out of the fight.

Post #7   5/31/11 6:39:38PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
T-Minus _ days until Okami destroys Anderson

Post #8   5/31/11 8:20:02PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Why wouldn't you want to work with the only guy to make Anderson look human inside the octagon.

Post #9   5/31/11 11:05:09PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BeeR

Mr. Anderson is scared

Okami wins!

have you not seen the 1st fight? okami couldn't do anything then. he isn't this time either. okami has been training with sonnen sense he lost to sonnen. okami will be KOed in the 1st

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #10   5/31/11 11:56:49PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by KungFuMaster

Anderson has NOT looked the same. He evolves more from fight to fight than anyone other than GSP. He's always adding new tools and tricks and they come out in his performances. Watch one anderson fight then watch his very next. I guarantee you will see a technique in the second that wasn't in the first, or anyother fight for that matter.

adding a new kick or two over the past few years doesnt mean he has evolved. he is still a dominant striker with mediocre TDD and an overrated guard

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   6/1/11 12:48:41AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by BeeR

Mr. Anderson is scared

Okami wins!

have you not seen the 1st fight? okami couldn't do anything then. he isn't this time either. okami has been training with sonnen sense he lost to sonnen. okami will be KOed in the 1st

he was soundly outstruck, but Okamis striking in that fight looked very basic. since then his striking is so much better and should be able to use his hands to set up his TDs much more effectively. Okami wasnt given a chance to do anything in that fight when Silva deliberately used an illegal kick

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #12   6/1/11 12:51:45AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by BeeR

Mr. Anderson is scared

Okami wins!

The first fight has no relevance.....Okami by complete, utter destruction

Post #13   6/1/11 1:30:40AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Anderson has not evolved as a fighter. He is still the same fighter but with a few added tools as you have mentioned which in no way qualifies him as an evolved fighter.

Okami, on the other hand, has evolved and changed some things to accommodate the competition of today. His striking has improved tremendously. His wrestling is developing as we speak. He has evolved since his last meeting with Silva while Silva pretty much looks the same.

Post #14   6/1/11 1:33:12AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
Anderson has not evolved + Okami has evolved = Okami win

I'd like to see how many of you guy's calling an Okami win actually put some money on it. You'd get great odds guy's, what ya waiting for?

Post #15   6/1/11 4:03:14AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2