Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

This guy has no clue what he's talking about

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:
I don't care for boxing myself, but is there some reason a person couldn't enjoy MMA and boxing, if they wanted to? I don't get the friction that's developed between (some of) the people who support boxing and MMA. Maybe I should go find a boxing forum and ask them.

Boxing isn't MMA. MMA isn't boxing. What's not to understand? I suppose they're both fighting sports. They're more similar than football and football, a.k.a. American football and soccer - that comparison always boggles my mind.

It seems pretty clear - even to someone who doesn't follow boxing - that MMA isn't the reason boxing is struggling. I knew boxing fans who were complaining about the state of things in the mid-'90s, long before most people had ever heard of the UFC. Are boxers abandoning the sport in favor of MMA? Are boxing fans abandoning the sport in favor of MMA?

I don't get it, but I guess I don't have to.

Post #31   5/3/07 11:56:44AM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
This Freeman guy what a Turd...cant even graduate from Deleware U....and obviously had no Knowledge of MMA..Dana said it best..Mayweather is the face of boxing right now and you couldnt put 30 people in the seats and genereate pay per view sales unless you put him up against de la hoya...i can name 4 current boxers mayweather,hoya,and the klishko bros ? spelling maybe wrong..but anyways boxing is dying or is dead..this bum writing for cbs thinks that by bashing MMA he can get some ppl back on the boxing bandwagon well...i think Mr Freeman should step into the octagon with Bas.....what do u think..

Post #32   5/3/07 12:43:33PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Aether

rofl I think this guy downloaded the first 5 UFC events 15 minutes before shitting that excuse for an article into his toilet. It's pretty pointless to try to talk about a sport when you are so completely uninformed that you don't even know the name of the sport you're trying to talk shit about.

Even the first 5 UFC events had more skill and respect amongst the fighters than what this idiot describes.

Post #33   5/3/07 12:51:00PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
IM still mad...hes calls MMA athletes thugs...when Tyson has been arrested for Coke and Rape..and Evander Holyfield has 13 illegitimate children...cmon Evander dont be silly put a rubber on your willy.....

Post #34   5/3/07 1:23:46PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:
I agree with this Article. I think the UFC should be illegal and that Boxing should be the number one sport in the US followed by wife beatin', NASCAR, ride pimping, Frisbee golf, computer programming, NES duck hunting, getting crunked, and competitive patty cake.

But seriously, MMA might help boxing come back from the brink. Before I followed MMA I watched football, baseball, and college basketball. I still watch those and between UFC I fill the time with kick boxing, muay thai, and yes the sweet science. Any one on one combat sport, including those that claim not to be one on one like IFL and WCL. Coming from a wrestling background myself, I never understood the artificial limitations of boxing and the lack of athleticism I saw come form some of the boxers (If you have ever seen a boxer throw a baseball, you know what I mean). MMA brings it all full circle. Well rounded athletes who may start in one discipline and may or may not have excelled, but because they are hard working, determined, athletes they can find a balance and a niche in the MMA world. Take Chuck Lidle as an example. He was a college wrestler and a good one. Not a great one, but good (he’s not Dan Gable). He is tough, hardworking, and determined. He knows he is not the best wrestler out there, but he can beat the best wrestlers by using his skill as a wrestler to keep the match standing. For the most part his fights wrestlers and he wins. If he fought a pro boxer it might be a different story. He might lean heavily on his skill as a wrestler and try to take the guy down. The result might be the same as if he fought a wrestler, but it would be an entirely different match.

I just goes to show you that Bruce Lee was right. When the UFC started it pitted style vs. style to see which was better. It turns out that no individual style wins vs. a well played counter style. You can’t be successful in the long term if you can’t counter a whole array of styles. Some would say the same could be said within Boxing, but it is a much smaller scope and styles are much more subtle. This guy thinks he can pick on MMA because it is newer in the public eye, but it is vary close to boxing. Why doesn’t he talk about NASCAR and how lame it is?

Post #35   5/3/07 1:37:35PM   

Lets_Do_This

Learning to Sprawl

Lets_Do_This Avatar

Career:293-213
Camp: SevenS
Chips:
I couldn't even finish it, it was such bullshit.

Post #36   5/3/07 1:42:00PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by Aether

rofl I think this guy downloaded the first 5 UFC events 15 minutes before shitting that excuse for an article into his toilet. It's pretty pointless to try to talk about a sport when you are so completely uninformed that you don't even know the name of the sport you're trying to talk shit about.

Even the first 5 UFC events had more skill and respect amongst the fighters than what this idiot describes.

I just rewatched the first two the other day, and there still seemed to be a respect among the fighters... even with no rules. This guy is a complete and utter tool.

Post #37   5/3/07 2:12:02PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Not sure if someone has posted this yet, but here is the rebutle article written by Ben Fowlkes (he holds some sort of editorial position for the IFL or something like that). He really lays it out rather well, and pretty much summed up what I and probably many of you were thinking while we read Freeman's drivel...

Post #38   5/3/07 4:45:45PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i wasnt that impressed by the rubuttal because rather than argue the stupid points that were made he more or less said boxing=past/mma=future

Post #39   5/3/07 5:12:56PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
"UFC equals the Ultimate Farcical Clown league" R U kidding me?!? Just shut the F*CK UP, ALREADY!

Post #40   5/3/07 7:45:52PM   

shocktek

Learning to Sprawl

shocktek Avatar

Career:195-120
Chips:
You think somebody that has his own words on a highly viewed website would get his shit straight. I was sick to my stomach after reading that and i hope that guy and his family all die.

Post #41   5/3/07 10:06:39PM   

RiG0

Learning to Sprawl

RiG0 Avatar

Career:16-17
Camp: vicious Circle
Chips:
I thought it was pretty funny. If you read it as a satirical piece, it won't make you want to kill. Nothing wrong with some good ol'fashioned trash talk.

It's like someone arguing that HD-DVD is better then Blu-Ray, it's so silly that it's funny.

Post #42   5/4/07 10:47:36AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Why don't you all express your feelings directly to CBS instead of ranting here?

Post #43   5/4/07 10:59:56PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

This Freeman guy what a Turd...cant even graduate from Deleware U....and obviously had no Knowledge of MMA..Dana said it best..Mayweather is the face of boxing right now and you couldnt put 30 people in the seats and genereate pay per view sales unless you put him up against de la hoya...i can name 4 current boxers mayweather,hoya,and the klishko bros ? spelling maybe wrong..but anyways boxing is dying or is dead..this bum writing for cbs thinks that by bashing MMA he can get some ppl back on the boxing bandwagon well...i think Mr Freeman should step into the octagon with Bas.....what do u think..

I know we all have heard about this, but here's the actual story where they describe his firing for lying on his resume... He even responds like hes the victim in this one too...

LINK

Last edited 5/5/07 12:28AM server time by rcg916
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #44   5/5/07 12:26:44AM   

shajedaskor

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Theres a new site launching for mma fans all around the world. With the help of roger gracie, it is due to launch pretty soon.

http://www.aggrezzion.com

sign up to the mailing list to be notified of the launch, help spread the sports..

Any feedback from fans will be appreciated, on the features you'll like to see added to this mixed martial arts portal, or general ideas you may have?..

Post #45   5/5/07 6:51:57AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4