Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

This guy has no clue what he's talking about

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Bashes MMA like I have never seen before.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/columns/story/10162545

Last edited 5/2/07 3:30PM server time by fedorwins1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   5/2/07 3:28:55PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
wow. how ignorant can one be?

Check out the response... Terry Tate (I cant believe Im going on record)

shut him down, lol

Post #2   5/2/07 3:53:04PM   

ordean

Learning to Sprawl

ordean Avatar

Career:341-247
Chips:
99% of boxing writters are clueless as to anything regarding MMA. All they know is that boxing is dying the slow painfull death and MMA is the future. They are the last holdouts .

I don't think it does a disservice to MMA it just makes them look dumb

Post #3   5/2/07 4:08:39PM   

jtwalker

Learning to Sprawl

jtwalker Avatar

Career:199-112
Camp: Alabama Top Team
Chips:
He's destroying his credibility as a journalist with his ignorance of the sport.

Post #4   5/2/07 4:29:22PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,272-1,271
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Pathetic.

I like the reply that points out how Freeman never graduated fro U of Delaware but he claimed he did.

That makes him a grade A liar. Why would CBS hire him? Can't they do better, like someone with an actual degree?

Post #5   5/2/07 4:33:16PM   

enjoi

Learning to Sprawl

Career:73-27
Camp: DODHeartsMMA
Chips:
'Ultimate fighting will never be as good as boxing on its worst day. Many of the ultimates are nothing but thugs and ruffians. All that league has done is take a few former nightclub bouncers, knuckle crackers and parolees, put on some fancy TV graphics and told them, "Kick the other guy in the nuts."'

Now I realize I don't know a whole lot about boxing, but I can IMAGINE that a fair amount of boxers start of at boxing to get off the street and to stop being thugs and ruffians, kinda ironic he would state that. Then talking about how guys in the UFC just kick eachother in the nuts? How many fights has that happened in? I'd say just as many times as boxers have been hit below the belt.

Post #6   5/2/07 4:46:59PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
he's one of those guys that is still hanging on to the "no holds barred" concept, which is about as outdated as his commentary...

Post #7   5/2/07 5:03:51PM   

Zvonimir

MMA Regular

Zvonimir Avatar

Career:279-164
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
That article was the most angering thing I have read in a long time. Its not that he doesn't like the UFC, thats fine, its his ignorance.

Last edited 5/2/07 5:23PM server time by Zvonimir
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   5/2/07 5:16:45PM   

DevMahon

MMA Regular

DevMahon Avatar

Career:779-401
Chips:
He has opened my eyes to the light!!! I reject the evils of the UFC!! Thank you CBS Sportsline guy, now I know the true error of my ways!!!

Wait. . . what I meant to say is, that was retarded. I can understand people not liking mma; it's not for everybody. But if you're not going to like it, don't like it for what it is, not for what you dimly percieve it to be from commercials and internet rumors (from 1995, apparently). The fact that he said that he loves the NFL, then went on to say that the NFL is more violent than the UFC, but that the NFL has a "veneer" of gentility.

Of course, because the veneer is far more important than the content.

Post #9   5/2/07 5:41:49PM   

rameydl8

Standup Guy

rameydl8 Avatar

Career:354-206
Camp: Minford manglas
Chips:
that was basically a desperate cry to save boxing..i like boxing but mma all the way....war mma

Post #10   5/2/07 6:01:50PM   

ManBeast

MMA Regular

ManBeast Avatar

Career:384-226
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by DevMahon

He has opened my eyes to the light!!! I reject the evils of the UFC!! Thank you CBS Sportsline guy, now I know the true error of my ways!!!

Wait. . . what I meant to say is, that was retarded. I can understand people not liking mma; it's not for everybody. But if you're not going to like it, don't like it for what it is, not for what you dimly percieve it to be from commercials and internet rumors (from 1995, apparently). The fact that he said that he loves the NFL, then went on to say that the NFL is more violent than the UFC, but that the NFL has a "veneer" of gentility.

Of course, because the veneer is far more important than the content.

he also fails to mention that the NFL has more thugs than any fully sanctioned MMA event.

also the drug scandals, numerous rape charges, vehicular manslaughter, oh and steroid abuse to name a few.

but I'm sure the reason he forgot those facts is because he could never show up for researching class 101 which resulted in him being a college dropout (giving him more credit than he deserves, for all I know he never went in the first place)

Post #11   5/2/07 6:16:45PM   

JMattson

Learning to Sprawl

JMattson Avatar

Career:197-145
Camp: Team Frost Shards
Chips:
This guy is professionally employed?

Despite nobody watching CBS except for the Masters Finals, i can't undertsand why somebody would give this guy a paycheck for that article.

Regardless of it's asskissing to the De La Hoya-Merriweather fight, it's just downright unprofessional to frag something through the mud like that and call yourself a journalist.

As an editorial, this wouldn't get published in any major newspaper in America, and i can't see why CBS let this get put onto their site.

Either he wrote most of it in the mid 90's, or, he forgot to turn his calender over and thought this would be a funny April Fools Day joke.

Even so, it's not funny, it's not even a good article. He does nothing to hype the fight, which is why boxing is so horrible, there's no hype, no hate, and nobody cares to pay $60 to see who guys well past their prime circle around one another for 30 minutes with oversized padded gloves on. Boxing hasn't been exciting since the Gatti-Ward fights, give me more of that, and i'll watch boxing again.

Post #12   5/2/07 6:25:45PM   

p_unit23

MMA Regular

p_unit23 Avatar

Career:532-297
Chips:
what a dumbass. boxing writers know mma is getting better and better each day and that boxing is going downhill. boxing is pretty good, but i would choose mma over boxing anyday.

Post #13   5/2/07 6:43:07PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
Boxing must be getting desperate if they have to resort to writting garbage like this to try to get more fans..

Post #14   5/2/07 6:56:08PM   

Kameleon

MMA Regular

Kameleon Avatar

Career:210-115
Chips:
I belong to several MMA forums and this is on all of them. If your going to write or send a comment don't bother sending it to him but to CBS.

Post #15   5/2/07 7:17:12PM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4