Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rick Story wants to fight Jon Fitch after win over Thiago Alves

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I said Story was a real threat to GSP...To beat GSP you gonna have to be Ben Askren or someone in GSP face like Rick Story who is a very strong a with great wrestling...

Story over Fitch...
GSP has some real challenges I have said no need for him to go anywhere..
Anthony Johnson and Nate marquardt at that weight are real challenges...Johnson especially.....

Post #16   5/30/11 3:25:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Fitch will do his regular 15 minute routine and win a decision. Fitch is the 2nd best wrestler in the UFC WW division and from what i see, his striking is more refined and cripser than Story's. i loved the fact he dominated Alves, but will not beat Fitch. Fitch is a cardio machine, Story looked tired entering the 3rd round.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   5/30/11 4:18:11PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
story vs anthony johnson or koscheck or shields would be better

Post #18   5/30/11 6:35:32PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I said Story was a real threat to GSP...To beat GSP you gonna have to be Ben Askren or someone in GSP face like Rick Story who is a very strong a with great wrestling...

Story over Fitch...
Anthony Johnson and Nate marquardt at that weight are real challenges...Johnson especially.....

gsp would crush anthony johnson

Post #19   5/30/11 6:36:53PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by CCPRIDE99

Posted by kingsmasher

Story over Fitch...

gsp would crush anthony johnson

Well I think so too but I see Johnsons size and strength being a factor...I agree and would not bet against GSP against anyone but these guys are way more credible than GSP fighting Silva....Thats basically all I meant to say...

Post #20   5/30/11 7:15:23PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Fitch would clown Story. BOOK IT.

Post #21   5/30/11 8:16:15PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:
sad thing is if you cannot beat Fitch you have a better chance at finding a virgin cheerleader then beating GSP

Post #22   5/31/11 3:18:27AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
It is premature for Story to be targeting a title fight at this time. I seriously doubt he believes he can beat GSP. If anything, this is an attempt to hype his career.

Story is asking for Fitch, but I think Fitch will take him. And if he loses to Fitch, his name will have dropped a notch or two.

Post #23   5/31/11 12:34:07PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I say let it happen, the UFC needs to mix it up a bit, i personaly don't want to see BJ vs. Fitch again. The UFC needs to let this divisions get some new people at the top. I say give Story the Fitch fight and BJ should fight Condit/Kim winner.
I say Story by UD

Post #24   5/31/11 1:45:04PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This fight works for me. There are a few contenders suddenly popping up at WW like Condit, Kim, Story, Ellenberger, Pierce and a few old names are still in the mix too. As much as I'd like to see GSP fight Silva, I think there are quite a few fights left for him at 170.

Post #25   5/31/11 2:47:55PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
There are plenty of fighters in the welter weight division for GSP to fight but the real question is, "Who legitimately stands a decent or good chance against him?"

Many have said GSP is not the strongest welter weight by placing him below Alves and such ...regarding physical strength.

GSP is genetically strong which IMO is stronger than muscle strength.

In my everlasting endeavor to become a fight analyst, I honestly think Story will be too slow to catch GSP. Furthermore, if this fight turned into a test of physical strength, GSP will win IMO.

I have said Stun Gun would be a good test for GSP but even having said that, I know GSP's Speed would be too much for Kim.

Also in my opinion, no one works harder than GSP. The man has dedicated himself to the sport and he studies his opponents very carefully before going to war.

When you have an athletic fighter who trains hard and watches his diet and is also doing his homework, the result is something special.

Micheal Jordan did not become the best basketball player by relying on his natural talents. He worked his butt off in practice and it showed - and he was rewarded.

Lastly, I want to reveal one of GSP's secrets to success.

In basketball, when playing one on one, you beat your defender to the lane by pushing off the dribble. Those of you who play basketball will know what I am talking about.

The same concept is used in GSP's take downs. Most fighters will rock back and forth in a fighting rhythm. GSP uses the momentum of the rocking to set up his take downs. Furthermore, the rocking of his opponent helps determine when GSP will shoot.

When your weight is shift to your weak leg, that is when you are most susceptible to take downs....and GSP understands this because he has taken karate, an art which highly emphasizes the importance of center of gravity.

It will take someone very special with explosive speed to contest GSP.....someone with attributes of a running back or track and field athlete.

Post #26   5/31/11 4:32:41PM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

There are plenty of fighters in the welter weight division for GSP to fight but the real question is, "Who legitimately stands a decent or good chance against him?"

Many have said GSP is not the strongest welter weight by placing him below Alves and such ...regarding physical strength.

GSP is genetically strong which IMO is stronger than muscle strength.

In my everlasting endeavor to become a fight analyst, I honestly think Story will be too slow to catch GSP. Furthermore, if this fight turned into a test of physical strength, GSP will win IMO.

I have said Stun Gun would be a good test for GSP but even having said that, I know GSP's Speed would be too much for Kim.

Also in my opinion, no one works harder than GSP. The man has dedicated himself to the sport and he studies his opponents very carefully before going to war.

When you have an athletic fighter who trains hard and watches his diet and is also doing his homework, the result is something special.

Micheal Jordan did not become the best basketball player by relying on his natural talents. He worked his butt off in practice and it showed - and he was rewarded.

Lastly, I want to reveal one of GSP's secrets to success.

In basketball, when playing one on one, you beat your defender to the lane by pushing off the dribble. Those of you who play basketball will know what I am talking about.

The same concept is used in GSP's take downs. Most fighters will rock back and forth in a fighting rhythm. GSP uses the momentum of the rocking to set up his take downs. Furthermore, the rocking of his opponent helps determine when GSP will shoot.

When your weight is shift to your weak leg, that is when you are most susceptible to take downs....and GSP understands this because he has taken karate, an art which highly emphasizes the importance of center of gravity.

It will take someone very special with explosive speed to contest GSP.....someone with attributes of a running back or track and field athlete.

you need to clone GSP and feed the clone non traceable roids to beat the current champ at WW. No-one on paper can beat him, no-one comes close

Post #27   5/31/11 4:46:46PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,492-918
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

No matter who Rick fights next, I want him to avoid taking bombs like he did in Round 3 against Alves. The Horror is definitely a young kid on the fast track, and in a sense it was good to see that not only can he take a shot, he can take multiple shots. He was hit with bombs that would've KO'ed many a man on the first punch. Story just hung in there, unmoved.

I wouldn't mind if he went another dozen fights before being hit like that again. You want to preserve that chin. Keep taking punches like that in your fights, and in a couple years that iron jaw will be melted down.

I agree those shots were vicious, so vicious in fact that the word vicious doesn't even begin to cover how hard he was getting hit.

I also agree on preserving that chin, but I also would like to point out the one and pretty much only exception to the rule of chin preservation, Dan Henderson. Hendo's been blocking punches and kicks, and in some cases back in his pride days, even stomps, with his face for over a decade, and his chin doesn't really show any signs of stopping. I mean honestly, how many people can brag about Rampage stating post fight that it felt like his face was doing more damage to Rampage's fist than his fist was doing to it?

Last edited 5/31/11 5:20PM server time by ufc_Fanatic
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #28   5/31/11 5:19:00PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by pmoney

No matter who Rick fights next, I want him to avoid taking bombs like he did in Round 3 against Alves. The Horror is definitely a young kid on the fast track, and in a sense it was good to see that not only can he take a shot, he can take multiple shots. He was hit with bombs that would've KO'ed many a man on the first punch. Story just hung in there, unmoved.

I wouldn't mind if he went another dozen fights before being hit like that again. You want to preserve that chin. Keep taking punches like that in your fights, and in a couple years that iron jaw will be melted down.

I agree those shots were vicious, so vicious in fact that the word vicious doesn't even begin to cover how hard he was getting hit.

I also agree on preserving that chin, but I also would like to point out the one and pretty much only exception to the rule of chin preservation, Dan Henderson. Hendo's been blocking punches and kicks, and in some cases back in his pride days, even stomps, with his face for over a decade, and his chin doesn't really show any signs of stopping. I mean honestly, how many people can brag about Rampage stating post fight that it felt like his face was doing more damage to Rampage's fist than his fist was doing to it?

ya... but have you seen Hendo's Chin? WTF?

Post #29   5/31/11 6:24:53PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jekyll

you need to clone GSP and feed the clone non traceable roids to beat the current champ at WW. No-one on paper can beat him, no-one comes close

lol

Post #30   6/1/11 1:37:23AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3