Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

After Last night I got Carwin KO over JDS

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I just have to say when you look at common opponents and way of winning...heres my opinion..

Too much hype on JDS...Carwin devastated Mir and Mir beat Nelson the same as JDS...JDS in my eyes is on a level of Brendan Schaub but better standup but not much...

I thought Carwin over JDS before but now I am taking out loans on this fight....

And with carwin having the better camp heres how it will go down...

Just like the Rick Story and Alves fight...Carwin is gonna be in JDS face early and fight inside and wham first time you will see JDS get hit by a guy with power..Carwin by TKO...Book it...

I've been on The Playground for a while now, and this by far the dumbest post I've seen yet. No offense. There is so many things wrong with what you said I have to break my reply up into sections.

I'll just mention that MMA math never works, like everyone else has stated. I hope you don't make your picks using it.

How does Dos Santos have too much hype? He's done just as much as any other contender. He didn't hand pick his opponents, and the opponents the UFC did give him he destroyed one way or another. Saying Dos Santos is on the same level as Schaub is just crazy, and if you honestly believe that I wouldn't be able to respect your opinions on MMA. Thinking JDS has slightly better standup then Schaub makes me chuckle. Junior's striking is leaps and bounds ahead of Schaub.

How do you suppose Carwin has the better camp? Do you know where Dos Santos trains? Black House. Silva, Machida, Aldo, The Nog brothers, Souza, etc. I wouldn't give the edge to either camp.

I don't understand why your comparing the Alves/Story fight to Dos Santos carwin? Those are two totally different matchups that have almost nothing in common. If you think Dos Santos and Carwin will fight like Alves and Story, you will be very surprised when they fight happens. I remember fans saying Dos Santos was going to finally be tested by powerful strikers in both the Cro Cop and Yvel fights, and look what happened.

Last edited 5/30/11 4:08PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   5/30/11 4:06:10PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I will gladly be back...I said book it on Alves and Story...If I say book it book it..

Carwin has way more ways to win and the only thing he has to do is grapple and close the distance an Carwin can take a punch...

And btw look at post fight JDS looked way worse than nelso in his face...carwin will beat JDS...

Carwin was rocked by Gonzaga, and he's been the only one to get a clean punch on Carwin's chin. As for ways to win, I disagree with that, too. Carwin can either knock him out or take him to a decision, while JDS can knock him out, decision him, or submit him. Don't forget JDS is a brown belt in BJJ just because he prefers to stand and bang.

Also, injuries to the face doesn't always mean the other fighter won. There are issues like scar tissue to add in. I'm not sure you even watched his fight with Nelson, because if you did you would know Dos Santos completely dominated Nelson in that fight.

Post #17   5/30/11 4:15:49PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Anyone here know who Mike Tyson is? he reigned supreme as HW boxing champ....

How was he he wasnt the best boxer....He was the strongest and got inside and used his power to KO people....Same thing Carwin I bet will do...Its not like carwin fighting Brock..Where he was scared of wrestling....Its gonna be like carwin knowing Mir couldnt beat him in wrestling...got inside and bout killed poor Mir....Mir is one of my faves...

Look at JDS face at the end of his fight with Nelson...

Im glad everyone is picking JDS...I hope you all make bets for money and puch the numbers in my favor more....Its a good money bet on Carwin...

Being scared of Lesnar's wrestling had nothing to do with why Carwin lost. Carwin dominated Lesnar in the first round, and gassed in the second and was submitted.

Post #18   5/30/11 4:17:57PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

I will gladly be back...I said book it on Alves and Story...If I say book it book it..

Carwin has way more ways to win and the only thing he has to do is grapple and close the distance an Carwin can take a punch...

And btw look at post fight JDS looked way worse than nelso in his face...carwin will beat JDS...

I'll be sending you an avatar bet after the finale this week.

Post #19   5/30/11 6:41:04PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I am glad that its jds vs carwin rather than lesnar

Post #20   5/30/11 7:08:46PM   

ajp10k

MMA Regular

ajp10k Avatar

Career:154-118
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I am glad that its jds vs carwin rather than lesnar

Oh yea this will be much better of a fight, JDS vs Lesnar would be just like the fight with cain.

Post #21   5/30/11 7:56:39PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
I think this will be a close fight but i'd go with JDS over Carwin cause of Carwin's conditioning, long layoff, recent surgery and stepping in as a replacement for Brock i think all these factors will play a role in Carwin losing either by Decision or TKO.

Post #22   5/31/11 6:18:01AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Career:8-13
Chips:
IMO i am going with Carwin, JDS is a great fighter, however i just don't know how he will do against the "big" HWs, yes Nelson is 260 but 60 of that is nachos and beer. We have also yet to see what JDS does when hes on his back. He is a Nog BJJ guy but can he do BJJ while have 265 pound wall of muscle is on him, Carwin will not blow his load faster then a nerd in a whore house again, hes learned from that.

Post #23   5/31/11 7:32:14AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

I just have to say when you look at common opponents and way of winning...heres my opinion..

Too much hype on JDS...Carwin devastated Mir and Mir beat Nelson the same as JDS...JDS in my eyes is on a level of Brendan Schaub but better standup but not much...

I thought Carwin over JDS before but now I am taking out loans on this fight....

Just like the Rick Story and Alves fight...Carwin is gonna be in JDS face early and fight inside and wham first time you will see JDS get hit by a guy with power..Carwin by TKO...Book it...

I've been on The Playground for a while now, and this by far the dumbest post I've seen yet. No offense. There is so many things wrong with what you said I have to break my reply up into sections.

I'll just mention that MMA math never works, like everyone else has stated. I hope you don't make your picks using it.

How does Dos Santos have too much hype? He's done just as much as any other contender. He didn't hand pick his opponents, and the opponents the UFC did give him he destroyed one way or another. Saying Dos Santos is on the same level as Schaub is just crazy, and if you honestly believe that I wouldn't be able to respect your opinions on MMA. Thinking JDS has slightly better standup then Schaub makes me chuckle. Junior's striking is leaps and bounds ahead of Schaub.

How do you suppose Carwin has the better camp? Do you know where Dos Santos trains? Black House. Silva, Machida, Aldo, The Nog brothers, Souza, etc. I wouldn't give the edge to either camp.

I don't understand why your comparing the Alves/Story fight to Dos Santos carwin? Those are two totally different matchups that have almost nothing in common. If you think Dos Santos and Carwin will fight like Alves and Story, you will be very surprised when they fight happens. I remember fans saying Dos Santos was going to finally be tested by powerful strikers in both the Cro Cop and Yvel fights, and look what happened.

Who ever said JDS was tested by powerful strikers in Cro Cop and Yvel? Show me...

The edge I would give Carwin in camps clearly because I guess you are new to MMA...BJJ cant compare or even be the leaast bit effective to good wrestling...Out of 100 fights BJJ over wreslting might win 5 times and thats gonna be Demain Maia...Wrestlers are schooling BJJ...For the edge in a camp yeah I gave it to Carwin....He trains at Grudge but also splits time to at Greg jacksons and trains with them and has the ears from them....

Im comparing it to the Alves Story fight cause its the same thing..Style wise...You have JDS being Alves only without the kicks....Cause JDS is only a boxer for the most part...And Carwin being a good wrestler and striker with power as Story and the same game plan would work...Close the gap because you then give JDS what way to win? IF he cant let his arms go how does JDS win? With BJJ? lol with wrestling lol....

I am saying this carwin is one of the smartest and toughest guys out there...I like JDS only not in this fight....Im taking Carwin by KO..We havent seen JDS hit by someone with power....Why because everyone hes fought had poor game plans...

This is the part where you gotta know how to fight...Taller man with reach you get inside...Carwin is tough and will know this is he stands at arms reach like everyone here thinks he will lose to the cards...

Post #24   5/31/11 9:59:18AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Carwin was rocked by Gonzaga, and he's been the only one to get a clean punch on Carwin's chin. As for ways to win, I disagree with that, too. Carwin can either knock him out or take him to a decision, while JDS can knock him out, decision him, or submit him. Don't forget JDS is a brown belt in BJJ just because he prefers to stand and bang.

Also, injuries to the face doesn't always mean the other fighter won. There are issues like scar tissue to add in. I'm not sure you even watched his fight with Nelson, because if you did you would know Dos Santos completely dominated Nelson in that fight.

You are funny...lol JDS is a brown belt in BJJ...you keep listening to Ed Soares...If you believe JDS has advantage on the ground you havent been watching much BJJ...

reminds me of Soares when he says Aldo is world class on the ground I dont care about his world championship in BJJ...I bet you dont know much about that either.....IN BJJ tourneys most guys who are better in BJJ immediately pull guard...If they cant sub,it and spend the fight on their back they lose...Look at Aldo and Hominick....Aldo didnt look so world class on his back did he?

Look at what happened to Torres last fight...All his transitions do not help in scoring when on your back..You can tell how confident a man is by what he says...JDS is confident in his hands not on his back...Book it!!

Post #25   5/31/11 10:06:45AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Who ever said JDS was tested by powerful strikers in Cro Cop and Yvel? Show me...

The edge I would give Carwin in camps clearly because I guess you are new to MMA...BJJ cant compare or even be the leaast bit effective to good wrestling...Out of 100 fights BJJ over wreslting might win 5 times and thats gonna be Demain Maia...Wrestlers are schooling BJJ...For the edge in a camp yeah I gave it to Carwin....He trains at Grudge but also splits time to at Greg jacksons and trains with them and has the ears from them....

Im comparing it to the Alves Story fight cause its the same thing..Style wise...You have JDS being Alves only without the kicks....Cause JDS is only a boxer for the most part...And Carwin being a good wrestler and striker with power as Story and the same game plan would work...Close the gap because you then give JDS what way to win? IF he cant let his arms go how does JDS win? With BJJ? lol with wrestling lol....

I am saying this carwin is one of the smartest and toughest guys out there...I like JDS only not in this fight....Im taking Carwin by KO..We havent seen JDS hit by someone with power....Why because everyone hes fought had poor game plans...

This is the part where you gotta know how to fight...Taller man with reach you get inside...Carwin is tough and will know this is he stands at arms reach like everyone here thinks he will lose to the cards...

i have to agree with this, in BJJ a little defense goes a LONG way. You don't have to be a BJJ black belt to defend a black belt's BJJ when you have the kind of wrestling Carwin has.

As much as i hate Lesnar he was one of the best college wrestlers ever and he could not get Carwin off of him.

Post #26   5/31/11 10:09:37AM   

Coreytron

Learning to Sprawl

Career:32-23
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

You are funny...lol JDS is a brown belt in BJJ...you keep listening to Ed Soares...If you believe JDS has advantage on the ground you havent been watching much BJJ...

reminds me of Soares when he says Aldo is world class on the ground I dont care about his world championship in BJJ...I bet you dont know much about that either.....IN BJJ tourneys most guys who are better in BJJ immediately pull guard...If they cant sub,it and spend the fight on their back they lose...Look at Aldo and Hominick....Aldo didnt look so world class on his back did he?

Look at what happened to Torres last fight...All his transitions do not help in scoring when on your back..You can tell how confident a man is by what he says...JDS is confident in his hands not on his back...Book it!!

Carwin has power, sure. Carwin is a solid wrestler, yes..but don't you think a guy like JDS knows that? He was preparing for freakin lesnar, who was only going to take him down. His gas tank will still be in question and up against JDS that's the last thing you want, bad cardio..drop those hands and you're done.

Post #27   5/31/11 10:44:02AM   

Jekyll

TROLL

Jekyll Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Coreytron

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

Carwin has power, sure. Carwin is a solid wrestler, yes..but don't you think a guy like JDS knows that? He was preparing for freakin lesnar, who was only going to take him down. His gas tank will still be in question and up against JDS that's the last thing you want, bad cardio..drop those hands and you're done.

Lesnar also turtles the second anything hits him, Carwin does not.

Post #28   5/31/11 10:46:20AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by kingsmasher

YES SIR. Dumbest post and dumbest argument ever. Someone had to say it and I'm glad you did. Dos Santos is the number 1 contender right now whether people like him or not. There is no hype around him, he got where he is cause hes a good fighter. He would have fought Cain already if it wasn't for Cain's shoulder, and I actually had JDS beating Cain in that fight. I think JDS rolls over Carwin with a second round TKO. And then a gigantic show down between him and Cain will take place.

Post #29   5/31/11 1:39:50PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
you are basing your pick of Carwin vs Dos Santos off of a fight between Frank Mir and Roy Nelson?

Post #30   5/31/11 1:42:52PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3