Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Alex "Bruce Leroy" Caceres vs. Leonard Garcia slotted for UFC on Versus 5

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
An intriguing bout between Alex "Bruce Leroy" Caceres (4-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) and fellow featherweight Leonard Garcia (15-7-1 MMA, 2-2 UFC) had been added to August's UFC on Versus 5 lineup.

UFC officials today announced that verbal agreements are in place for the fight.

UFC on Versus 5 takes place Aug. 14 at Bradley Center in Milwaukee as part of the UFC's Wisconsin debut. The night's main card airs live on Versus.

Caceres vs. Garcia likely will be part of the preliminary card.

LINK

Post #1   5/25/11 10:59:15AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,983-1,702
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Garcia will win this easily in my opinion. Leroy belongs no where near the ufc.

Post #2   5/25/11 11:53:33AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Agreed. He'll likely get his walking papers after this fight. I'll use this fight as a poop break.

Post #3   5/25/11 11:57:54AM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,051-1,270
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

yes sir...Garcia by K the F O

Post #4   5/25/11 1:02:57PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I agree with you guys... but I'm starting to think Garcia doesn't belong anywhere near the UFC either.

Post #5   5/25/11 2:19:09PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Suprised with this match up
Thought alex should have gotten a more less experienced fighter

Post #6   5/25/11 4:01:09PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Neither of them do...

Post #7   5/25/11 5:04:35PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,937-1,077
Chips:
This should be an exciting fight. Garcia probably takes it.

Post #8   5/25/11 5:19:42PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,041-1,091
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Budgellism

Neither of them do...

Not going to lie, this sounds like ridiculous hating from both of you. Is Garcia going to win a world championship ? No prob not. Is he still worthy of being under contract with Zuffa ? Without a doubt. Cooler I know from previous posts your huge on Japanese mma, and if I'm not mistaken Garcia Knocked out Takeya the dream featherweight champ. On top of that he had a very competitive fight against former top contender Mark Hommoinick. Just because his fight style isn't appealing to a lot of hardcore fans it doesn't make it ok to say the guy doesn't deserve his job especially when he's putting on great fights for fans.

Post #9   5/26/11 12:13:55AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
Garcia isn't afraid to knuckle up wit anyone and never has a boring fight. I can't believe that anyone would have a problem with watching Garcia fight and it would probably be safe to say there are more hardcore/casual fans that would prefer to watch Garcia slug it out then watch a "Snoozer of a Hugfest". More then likely Caceres will be getting dat pink slip after he loses this fight, unless this is a kncok down drag out barn burner and even so it's rare to get two losses in a row and stick around the big show, these days (even if Dana likes the fighter and from the TUF show Dana was all over his "yellow zip up banana suite" bandwagon and that's prolly why he got another chance to fight in the octagon while other contestants from the show got one and done'd on.)

Last edited 5/26/11 1:13AM server time by supatolacyl
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #10   5/26/11 12:59:48AM   

UFC_Fanatic

Belt Contender

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,554-951
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I think the primary reason people hate on Garcia is because his all out guns blazing style has stolen decisions in fights he arguably, or not so arguably, didn't win. Example, first fight with Jung, and his fight with Nam Phan. Both are fights that a lot of people feel Garcia lost. Even I got to admit, when I watched his fight with Jung and the final judge gave it to Garcia awarding him the W, I was so infuriated that I was just like "WTF! F@%k you Garcia!". Fans tend to get emotional when things don't turn out the way they want/expect them to due to controversial decisions, and they tend to take it out on the fighter not the judges.

Still, all that said, I'm sad to say that I think Garcia is going to send Bruce Leroy packing.

Last edited 5/26/11 3:57AM server time by ufc_Fanatic
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   5/26/11 3:57:11AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
Garcia by split decision

kidding aside, there is no way Leroy can win this unless he gets a lucky flying triangle or pulls off a Danzig/Stevenson punch

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #12   5/26/11 1:17:14PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by Cooler

Posted by Budgellism

Neither of them do...

Not going to lie, this sounds like ridiculous hating from both of you. Is Garcia going to win a world championship ? No prob not. Is he still worthy of being under contract with Zuffa ? Without a doubt. Cooler I know from previous posts your huge on Japanese mma, and if I'm not mistaken Garcia Knocked out Takeya the dream featherweight champ. On top of that he had a very competitive fight against former top contender Mark Hommoinick. Just because his fight style isn't appealing to a lot of hardcore fans it doesn't make it ok to say the guy doesn't deserve his job especially when he's putting on great fights for fans.

I appreciate the criticism, but I just dont see who Garcia can beat at 145. He couldnt hack it in zuffas 155 division, so he dropped down. He's 2-3 in zuffa but lets be honest he should be 1-4. Add that with all the terrible decisions he's gotten in the WEC and he should have a record of 12-11.

I think he'll beat Bruce Leroy but if he can only beat the Bruce Leroys of the 145 division I dont see him lasting long. I disagree that the Hominick fight was close, it was a split decision, but only because Garcia's windmilling swayed over a judge like it always does. I admit I'm biased against Garcia but I think this is a good argument against him being in zuffa anymore. But he's a fan favorite so Im ok with him getting another chance to improve.

Post #13   5/26/11 3:17:26PM