Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bellator Ends Season 4 Strong with Record TV Ratings for MTV2

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Bellator’s fourth season has come to a close, but just as it did, the promotion started to garner some momentum with its new broadcast partner MTV2. The promotion on Saturday pulled in an average audience of 264,000 viewers for Bellator 45, it was the promotion’s second highest TV rating of the season.

Article

Post #1   5/24/11 6:20:58PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,990-1,064
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Good night of fights. On a side note am I the only person who sees the fact that M'Pumbu won goes to show how weak 205 is outside of Zuffa ? M'Pumba is deff explosive and hats off to Bellator for scouting him, but a guy who cuts 0 weight shouldn't be winning tournaments of this level. He is coming in their a natural 200 and winning, I'm amazed.

Post #2   5/24/11 8:02:52PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Chips:
I wish more fighters competed at their natural weight classes. Actually, I almost wish it was mandatory to compete at your natural weight class. I don't even see much of a point to weight classes as they are.

A guy like, say Thiago Alves, has to cut to 170lbs from probably like 190-200lbs. Yeah, you weighed 170lbs yesterday, but today after you rehydrate, you are in the next weight class. Make them weigh in at noon on fight day.

Post #3   5/24/11 8:19:42PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

I wish more fighters competed at their natural weight classes. Actually, I almost wish it was mandatory to compete at your natural weight class. I don't even see much of a point to weight classes as they are.

A guy like, say Thiago Alves, has to cut to 170lbs from probably like 190-200lbs. Yeah, you weighed 170lbs yesterday, but today after you rehydrate, you are in the next weight class. Make them weigh in at noon on fight day.

The problem with that is its not going to stop people from cutting weight. They're just going to be more taxed by the weight cut.

And for the UFC, thats definitely a bad idea. It would cause most of their fighters to have shorter-lived careers. And the fact that some people will cut the weight still, will be incentive for the non-weight cutters to start cutting weight in order to be competitive.

In the end nothing changes for the better, and the UFC + the fighters are the one's who end up with the short end of the stick.

Post #4   5/24/11 8:46:58PM