Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

New guy

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Welcome to the Playground!

Just an FYI - I've gone ahead and moved this to the appropriate forum (Introduce Yourself).

Post #16   5/18/11 1:20:04AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by postman

I hate you all ready

Well, we can't all get along.

Post #17   5/18/11 1:31:47AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Welcome to the Playground!

Just an FYI - I've gone ahead and moved this to the appropriate forum (Introduce Yourself).

No problem. I am just finding my way around this playground. It is a maze in here.

Post #18   5/18/11 1:33:32AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Welcome KFM. Good luck with the picks and wagers. So let's hear who your favorite fighters are. I'm more of a Andy Wang, Kalib Starnes guy myself

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #19   5/18/11 9:00:26AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by FastKnockout

This has been the only MMA site that I haven't been disappointed in, and I've been through 5-6 different sites. All I can say is check it out for yourself for a week or so and see how your feeling it. Be warned, though. There are very intelligent posters here, and if you look for a fight about certain MMA subjects I'm sure someone would be happy to oblige and give you a run for your money.

Welcome to The Playground.

I am not worried. I am how would you say it ...- well rounded hehe. I have been following the sport ever since the days of Shamrock and Gracie. What I do not know, I make up for it with my wit and intelligence and google helps a lot too.

To be honest, I can play in the roughest of all playgrounds and in the most prestigious of playgrounds. I have posted all over the internet boards and there is nothing I will not be prepared for...

My main concern is I would like decent traffic and overall good and intelligent posters who will be good sparring partners.

Pretty sure you've found yourself a good home then. This site has everything. I've been all over the mma forums, mmajunkie, mmamania, sherdog, bloodyelbow, hell, everywhere and this is by far the best site for discussions. Not much trolling going on here, which is great. But don't take my word for it, search around and I'm sure you'll see it for yourself.

I don't see you leaving anytime soon friend so welcome to the Playground and enjoy the stay. Also, I ask this to almost all the new guys, who is your favourite fighter?

Post #20   5/18/11 12:54:35PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Welcome KFM. Good luck with the picks and wagers. So let's hear who your favorite fighters are. I'm more of a Andy Wang, Kalib Starnes guy myself

LOL

A few of my favorites are Fedor, Couture, Mir, Sakuraba, Faber, Big Nog and Machida.

Fighters who are growing on me at the moment are Overeem, Cain, Hominick, Bones, and Pacquiao.

Even-though I do have favorites, I try to remain objective when discussing upcoming matches. For example, I predict Nelson to prevail over Mir due to two reasons.

1. Mir has minimal take down abilities.
2. Cardio may be the biggest factor in this fight which will definitely favor Nelson.

Post #21   5/18/11 1:20:28PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Pretty sure you've found yourself a good home then. This site has everything. I've been all over the mma forums, mmajunkie, mmamania, sherdog, bloodyelbow, hell, everywhere and this is by far the best site for discussions. Not much trolling going on here, which is great. But don't take my word for it, search around and I'm sure you'll see it for yourself.

I don't see you leaving anytime soon friend so welcome to the Playground and enjoy the stay. Also, I ask this to almost all the new guys, who is your favourite fighter?

I hope this is the site. I am tired of moving around. Everywhere I have been to I am well received, but things just turn out sour after a while.

As far as my favorite of all time, I do not think I have one. It is difficult to choose one and leave another behind. I'll give you three names:

Fedor, Couture, and Sakuraba

Post #22   5/18/11 1:27:09PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
Those are three pretty powerful names in mma right there, good stuff. I agree with you. I actually spent almost a year just using the bloodyelbow forums until I realized it was not the place for me (being banned helped that, lol.) Once you get yourself involved with the side games, the forums and the fight camps you'll be hooked.

Post #23   5/18/11 1:37:51PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Those are three pretty powerful names in mma right there, good stuff. I agree with you. I actually spent almost a year just using the bloodyelbow forums until I realized it was not the place for me (being banned helped that, lol.) Once you get yourself involved with the side games, the forums and the fight camps you'll be hooked.

I just recently gave cameldog a try. That place is filled with scums. I like humor and fun and sometimes flame wars , but there needs to be some sort of balance which cameldog did not have.

But anyway, I hope this site meets my requirements.

Post #24   5/18/11 2:04:11PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
Yeah, Cameldog is only good for the videos they post.

Post #25   5/18/11 3:14:41PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Yeah, Cameldog is only good for the videos they post.

And the live streams.

Post #26   5/18/11 3:47:15PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
I noticed I have been given 2 props. How do I know who has given it to me?

Post #27   5/18/11 3:49:13PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:
One more thing: I finished making my picks for the entire lists of fights. How do I submit it or do I just leave it alone?

Post #28   5/18/11 3:52:20PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

One more thing: I finished making my picks for the entire lists of fights. How do I submit it or do I just leave it alone?

Just leave them alone. Your picks don't actually lock in until the day of the fight. You can check who gave you props by looking at the my props tab in the header. It's in yellow.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #29   5/18/11 4:41:06PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Just leave them alone. Your picks don't actually lock in until the day of the fight. You can check who gave you props by looking at the my props tab in the header. It's in yellow.

Thanks...

You guys have been very helpful and accepting of new members. I am sure I will have more questions in the coming days and or weeks.

Post #30   5/18/11 6:39:26PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3