Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Facebook airs UFC 130's Palaszewski vs. Tibau, Cariaso vs. McDonald, and Barao vs. Escovedo

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,622-990
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
For the second-straight UFC event, every fight on the card will be made available for live viewing.

UFC officials today announced that the three UFC 130 fights not already slated for broadcast on pay-per-view or Spike TV will be aired on Facebook.com.

The Internet stream features Bart Palaszewski vs. Gleison Tibau, Chris Cariaso vs. Michael McDonald and Renan Barao vs. Cole Escovedo.

Article

Post #1   5/17/11 6:02:51PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Gotta love it.

Post #2   5/17/11 6:33:47PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
I like the idea behind showing every fight, but I cant stand this facebook crap, I made an account, i even made a second account and the stream never works.

Just put them all on spike

Post #3   5/17/11 7:57:55PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cooler

I like the idea behind showing every fight, but I cant stand this facebook crap, I made an account, i even made a second account and the stream never works.

I agree 100%! I've never had a problem with the Facebook streams, but airing them all on Spike just makes more sense to me. I think it would bring in better ratings for the network and possibly more buys for the Pay-Per-View.

Honestly, what does Spike TV have to air that is so precious they can't do two or three hours of prelims? Deadliest Warrior? 1000 ways to die? Another crap show that will fail after 2 weeks? I may be taking this to the extreme, but if you like Spike TV for anything that's not the UFC or not a movie they are playing, you'd probably be a good candidate for sterilization.

Post #4   5/17/11 8:14:56PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Cooler

I agree 100%! I've never had a problem with the Facebook streams, but airing them all on Spike just makes more sense to me. I think it would bring in better ratings for the network and possibly more buys for the Pay-Per-View.

Honestly, what does Spike TV have to air that is so precious they can't do two or three hours of prelims? Deadliest Warrior? 1000 ways to die? Another crap show that will fail after 2 weeks? I may be taking this to the extreme, but if you like Spike TV for anything that's not the UFC or not a movie they are playing, you'd probably be a good candidate for sterilization.

I may be doing something wrong or i need to download some ap to make it work but yeah facebook and me have never clicked. Totally agree with cancelling deadliest warrior already lol, funny you mention the 3 hour slot because they will show reruns of old fights on UFC Unleashed instead of just showing us all the prelim fights of live fights...? ok lol

Post #5   5/17/11 8:25:15PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cooler
Totally agree with cancelling deadliest warrior already lol, funny you mention the 3 hour slot because they will show reruns of old fights on UFC Unleashed instead of just showing us all the prelim fights of live fights...? ok lol

Yes! Exactly. They recently had like a 16 hour marathon of old UFC stuff, I think it was before the Davis-Lil Nog Fight Night. I wondered why the hell they would do that when they could broadcast the entire fight card instead....

Anyhow, I am just glad to see them airing all the fights again. As an MMA addict, watching UFC 129 card for 6+ hours.... I had never been more satisfied with any card in my life! 5 ko's, 5 decisions (all wars), and a couple slick subs.... I want and need that experience with every event now.

Post #6   5/17/11 9:15:18PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,026-1,730
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Gotta love it.

I do for sure. I've never had a problem with the facebook streams. They are usually very good quality as well.

Post #7   5/17/11 9:55:52PM