Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Chuck Liddell Talks About How Tough It Was to Retire

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Liddell said the decision was one of the hardest ones he ever had to make and that he realized it was time to hang up the gloves when he could no longer take a punch like he used to in spite of being in the best shape of his career and as ready for his last fight with Rich Franklin as he was for any in his career. According to “The Icemen” although he wishes things played out differently, he has no regrets and he went out swinging.

“I went out the way I fought. I fought my way. People say I should have changed and I should have tried to wrestle more,” the UFC VP of business development explained. “I went out my way. I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done.”

LINK

Post #1   5/17/11 2:41:27PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I give all the props in the world to The Iceman. One of the only true "fighters" to step in the octagon. Didn't care who or when, as long as he had a chance to punch them in the face. Gotta love his passion for the sport.

Post #2   5/17/11 2:56:58PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,336-780
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Spoken like a true gamer, that is how we'll all remember Chuck's career.

Post #3   5/17/11 7:21:55PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Even retiring when he did, Liddell was still fairly competitive in his losing efforts. Take the Franklin fight for example. He was putting a pretty good hurting on Ace, he even broke his arm! I guess he just took too many shots over time, and after a while, all it took was that one good one.

Forget about that though. Chuck will be remembered by myself and many others as a true legend of the sport. He was the "Iceman" for a reason, and a real BAMF. I'll always remember him after he defeated Couture for a second time, ending their trilogy. You can't undo what he's done in this sport.

Post #4   5/17/11 8:05:22PM