Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dan Hardy Relocates to Las Vegas to Work with Roy Nelson, Still Plans to Train in the UK

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dan Hardy will be packing up and moving to Las Vegas to join Team Big Country for help in preparing for his August fight against Chris Lytle at UFC on Versus 5.

LINK

Post #1   5/17/11 12:19:10AM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
This is old news, broseph. Either way, it's a good move for Hardy.There's just a lack of signifigant gyms and coaches in the UK, especially ones that specialize in Hardy's weaker areas. Hopefully both Nelson and Hardy benefit from this move! WAR OUTLAW!

Post #2   5/17/11 3:20:54AM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,470-909
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I still think one of the best moves that Hardy could make would be to train with Liddell at the Pit. Liddell could help Hardy nullify his 2 largest glaring weakness right off the bat, and those are TDD, and of course getting up once he is taken down. Being that their styles are so similar, Hardy could learn a ton of new tricks from Liddell. One way or another, improving his BJJ with Nelson as a "just in case I end up on my back" kind of thing will do him no good if he can't defend the take down in the first place. Then its not a just in case, it's more of an inevitability. I just don't think that training with Nelson is going to fix his holes any time soon. He needs to fix his holes very very quickly if he wants to keep his spot on the UFC roster. I think he needs to train with top notch wrestlers if he wants to really fix his problems. Hell, train with Askren! That sounds like a win-win to me. Askren can really help Hardy improve his TDD, and Hardy can help develop Askren's striking that way he can actually finish someone for a change!

Post #3   5/17/11 4:28:00AM