Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Brendan Schaub’s Management States Fight with Nogueira at UFC 134 Not Offered, But Would Gladly Accept

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,439-874
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Brendan Schaub really wants to fight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Brazil, but the only problem is right now the fight hasn’t been offered.

Reports surfaced on Sunday stating that verbal agreements were in place for Schaub to face Nogueira in Brazil at UFC 134. According to Sportsnet.ca, the bout had been verbally agreed by both fighters.

Now Schaub’s manager Lex McMahon from Alchemist Management has confirmed to MMAWeekly.com that at this time the fight has not been offered, but if it is they will gladly accept.

Article

Post #1   5/15/11 2:54:58PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Huge, Huge fan of Brendan Schaub, excuse the quote from the WWE but Brendan Schaub, legend killer.
Beat Chase Gormely out of the UFC.
Sent Gabriel Gonzaga former title contender to the minor leagues.
Earnt a KO of the night award to former Pride Openweight champion Cro Cop.
Now potentially fighting Big Nog?
Who's after? Tim Sylvia? Andrei Arlovski? Maybe even Randy Couture, whoever, I just love seeing him win!

Last edited 5/15/11 3:19PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #2   5/15/11 3:19:21PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:
I don't think this fight needs to happen. Schaub should be fighting someone like the winner or Nelson and Mir or the loser of Carwin and Cain. He'll probably win pretty convincingly against Nog at this point in his career. I'd rather see a Big Nog vs Cro Crop rematch or something like that but I'll still enjoy watching the fight regardless.

Post #3   5/15/11 5:21:38PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I don't think this fight needs to happen. Schaub should be fighting someone like the winner or Nelson and Mir or the loser of Carwin and Cain. He'll probably win pretty convincingly against Nog at this point in his career. I'd rather see a Big Nog vs Cro Crop rematch or something like that but I'll still enjoy watching the fight regardless.

Of course I'd wanna see him fight Mir or Nelson, but for me the reality is I just wanna see him fight.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Post #4   5/15/11 5:24:37PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,716-1,550
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Budgellism

Of course I'd wanna see him fight Mir or Nelson, but for me the reality is I just wanna see him fight.

That's true, can't blame you for that. I want to see him make a run at the title soon though. And a rematch with Nelson is just a good idea if Nelson can do away with Mir. If he knocks Mir out quickly like I'm thinking he will then Nelson could be ready pretty soon. Adding Big Nog to your resume win or lose is never a bad thing though. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Post #5   5/15/11 5:30:42PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Budgellism

That's true, can't blame you for that. I want to see him make a run at the title soon though. And a rematch with Nelson is just a good idea if Nelson can do away with Mir. If he knocks Mir out quickly like I'm thinking he will then Nelson could be ready pretty soon. Adding Big Nog to your resume win or lose is never a bad thing though. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Of course, I feel though that Dana and Big Roy have issues and if Roy wins he won't want a step down he'll want a title shot. Although I can justify why Schaub would want to fight Mir or Nelson, win lose or draw, Brendan's hot right now. He's at Greg Jacksons, don't tell him the skies the limit as man's been on the moon.

Last edited 5/15/11 5:35PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Post #6   5/15/11 5:34:19PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Big nog has options

Schaub
Rothwell
Crocop

And mir.

Curious to see who gets him

I would like to see him get crocop

And have mir fight schaub

Post #7   5/15/11 5:39:46PM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:
Can we have a moratorium on these "like to fight" and "_____ calls out _____" news items?

Post #8   5/16/11 10:29:56AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Do it, I've been wondering where Nogueira was. Probably would be a good fight but another loss for Nog.

Post #9   5/16/11 12:19:39PM