Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

John Howard Still Wants to Shut Anthony Johnson’s Mouth, but Takes Kampmann Fight as Compliment

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Coming off of back-to-back losses, John Howard will likely be fighting for his UFC survival in his next bout.

It’ll be Doomsday vs. the Hitman when he squares off with Martin Kampmann at UFC on Versus 4 on June 26 in Pittsburgh. Howard had been angling for a fight with Anthony Johnson – a fighter he has verbally sparred with in the media lately – after losing to Thiago Alves in his last fight.

“My beef with (Johnson) is that he went online talking all of this trash (saying) ‘I’m going to stand and bang (with Dan Hardy).’ Then he threw one high kick and took him down for 15 minutes. Really?” Howard explained on MMAWeekly Radio Weekend Edition. “That’s my beef, he talks so much crap… I’m so sick of him… he talks so much trash and he doesn’t back it up.”

Article

Post #1   5/15/11 11:45:58AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I still don't know why joe silva won't book AJ vs doomsday
Do it already!!

Post #2   5/15/11 5:35:41PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Regardless of what Howard, you, or I want. He has Martin " The Hitman" Kampman to worry about. I wish a lot of fighters would stick to training and fighting instead of trying to be a " HYPE MACHINE!!" Does GSP Do this, or Anderson, or Edgar. No!!!! Put up and shut up!! and no I didn't say it wrong. He needs to be worried about Martins very technical and viscious stand-up, and his very capable ground game. All howard has is a heavy right hand and wrestling IMO. Martin is going to outclass Howard in every round, and I am willing to put my AV on the line in this one.

Post #3   5/15/11 9:59:33PM   

mattjonesy

Standup Guy

mattjonesy Avatar

Career:2,206-1,363
Camp: Bum Chin Black Belts
Chips:

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Regardless of what Howard, you, or I want. He has Martin " The Hitman" Kampman to worry about. I wish a lot of fighters would stick to training and fighting instead of trying to be a " HYPE MACHINE!!" Does GSP Do this, or Anderson, or Edgar. No!!!! Put up and shut up!! and no I didn't say it wrong. He needs to be worried about Martins very technical and viscious stand-up, and his very capable ground game. All howard has is a heavy right hand and wrestling IMO. Martin is going to outclass Howard in every round, and I am willing to put my AV on the line in this one.

Im not willing to put an AV bet on the line lol but Howard does throw huge bombs and we all saw what happened to Kampmann with Daley, Sanchez and even Marquardt. I think this fight is alot closer than people think given Kampmanns track record of eating bombs!

Post #4   5/16/11 8:58:43AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by MattJonesy
Im not willing to put an AV bet on the line lol but Howard does throw huge bombs and we all saw what happened to Kampmann with Daley, Sanchez and even Marquardt. I think this fight is alot closer than people think given Kampmanns track record of eating bombs!

I saw what happened when Kampmann fought Diego. Which is exactly why I am going with The Hitman. The only reason Kampmann didn't do even better against Sanchez was because he had mutilated Diego's face so bad, he didn't really want to look at or stand next to him. It might have thrown off his game in the later rounds.

Last edited 5/16/11 2:57PM server time by pmoney
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   5/16/11 2:56:03PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:

Posted by BustedKnuckle

please don't put your av up for this, I enjoy looking at koschecks giant swollen eye, and the look of disappointment and failure on his face, it makes me smile and laugh a lil inside.....and outside

Post #6   5/16/11 8:48:02PM