Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Grappling stud Robert Drysdale finds early success in MMA, eyes UFC title in five years

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,622-990
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
What Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza and Demian Maia can do, so can Robert Drysdale (2-0). That's the thinking, anyway.

Transitioning from high-level grappling competitor to high-level mixed martial artist was made to look easy by the Strikeforce champion Souza and former UFC No. 1 contender Maia. It's not. Ask somebody like Andre Galvao, who has had mixed results so far in his career.

The jury is still out on what level of success Drysdale will eventually attain after making his metamorphosis, which remains in the early stages.

Article

Post #1   5/12/11 3:32:47PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,026-1,730
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Although I don't think he'll go far enough to capture a ufc title, it's still a good goal and a decent amount of time to accomplish that goal. His jits is outstanding, that much is clear. But how quickly is he developing everything else? Maia is an outstanding fighter and has done a lot so far but his striking and wrestling skills has taken a while to notice a significant improvement. I wonder if Drysdale will be the same way? Nickels is a very good test at this point in his career though and I'll definitely be watching that fight and keeping an eye on him.

Post #2   5/12/11 3:56:20PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,539-904
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I'm a huge Drysdale fan, I think he needs to fight at 205 if he's ever going to be a contender. I would love to see what he could do against the elite wrestlers at 205.

Post #3   5/13/11 8:48:43AM