Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Official "I'm Stoned" Thread

Print  
  Page 9 of 62   <<   6     7     8     9     10     11     12   >>
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,542-1,461
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

It's been a while, has nobody been getting stoned lately or something?

Somehow I just forgot to...

Post #121   9/13/11 12:09:54PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,809-1,609
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by DeadHead988

I'm pretty stoned right now tbh. Just bought Dead Island so I'm going to go see what that is saying.

That's out already? Please tell me how it is, I'm strongly considering picking it up.

It's awesome!

Post #122   9/13/11 4:43:48PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by DeadHead988

I'm pretty stoned right now tbh. Just bought Dead Island so I'm going to go see what that is saying.

That's out already? Please tell me how it is, I'm strongly considering picking it up.

It's awesome!

I am not such a big fan, but I'm a massive video game nerd, so I get annoyed by things that more casual gamers probably wouldn't even notice, like variable mouse sensitivity, disorganized menus and things like that.

I think they had a good idea, but they didn't spend enough time in QA testing to get rid of the bugs and poor programming decisions. Little things like the way picking up weapons works piss me off to no end. If your weapon inventory is full, and you pick a weapon up, you will actually drop the weapon you are holding in your hand, which makes no sense to me at all, because you're almost always going to be holding your best weapon. It's pretty standard in that situation to do something like tell the user that their inventory is full, not just make them drop their best weapon on the ground without telling them. If you're just walking around picking stuff up it's easy to accidentally drop a modified and upgraded weapon on the ground without even seeing it happen.

I also don't like the fact that alcohol bottles are automatically equippable. There have been many times where I would have a full inventory, be picking up money and bottles of water/alcohol and all of the sudden a zombie charges me, I go to hit him with my machete, and whoops, I'm getting drunk? what the ****? Oh, good, I dropped my machete so that I could hold a bottle of jack daniels and get plastered.

Like I said though I'm really picky, if you just want to get stoned and crack zombies heads open with a baseball bat, the game will be absolutely amazing for you. I do have a lot of fun stomping on groins and giving zombies the flying head kick followed by a heavy wrench to the skull, the graphics and physics are pretty excellent, but for my money, I would much rather play borderlands, which I think is basically the same game but with guns instead of bats and knives, and a more well developed quest system.

Last edited 9/13/11 11:46PM server time by Aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #123   9/13/11 11:46:03PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Thanks for the review bro! I think I'll make it a renter not a buyer.

Post #124   9/14/11 12:24:36AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
you can always download a cracked version off of the internet to try it out and see if you like it.

Post #125   9/14/11 12:38:59AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by DeadHead988

It's awesome!

I am not such a big fan, but I'm a massive video game nerd, so I get annoyed by things that more casual gamers probably wouldn't even notice, like variable mouse sensitivity, disorganized menus and things like that.

I think they had a good idea, but they didn't spend enough time in QA testing to get rid of the bugs and poor programming decisions. Little things like the way picking up weapons works piss me off to no end. If your weapon inventory is full, and you pick a weapon up, you will actually drop the weapon you are holding in your hand, which makes no sense to me at all, because you're almost always going to be holding your best weapon. It's pretty standard in that situation to do something like tell the user that their inventory is full, not just make them drop their best weapon on the ground without telling them. If you're just walking around picking stuff up it's easy to accidentally drop a modified and upgraded weapon on the ground without even seeing it happen.

I also don't like the fact that alcohol bottles are automatically equippable. There have been many times where I would have a full inventory, be picking up money and bottles of water/alcohol and all of the sudden a zombie charges me, I go to hit him with my machete, and whoops, I'm getting drunk? what the ****? Oh, good, I dropped my machete so that I could hold a bottle of jack daniels and get plastered.

Like I said though I'm really picky, if you just want to get stoned and crack zombies heads open with a baseball bat, the game will be absolutely amazing for you. I do have a lot of fun stomping on groins and giving zombies the flying head kick followed by a heavy wrench to the skull, the graphics and physics are pretty excellent, but for my money, I would much rather play borderlands, which I think is basically the same game but with guns instead of bats and knives, and a more well developed quest system.

I'm not much of a gamer at all to be honest. COD and Assassin's Creed have been the only games I've ever been interested in (At least for 360). I loved GTA for Playstation 2 and this has a GTA feel to it. I'll agree about the dropping your best weapon thing though. Very annoying, especially when you've got 3 zombies running at you. As for the alcohol, I haven't made the mistake of using that near a zombie but several times I've found myself dizzy and drunk by accident. I don't even understand the purpose of the alcohol at all tbh.

Overall it's a fun game. I've only played it for a total of 4 hours since I got it but so far I've had a great time with it and I've noticed that time goes by extremely quickly while I'm playing it.

Post #126   9/14/11 3:27:19PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
well you can collect alcohol bottles and make molotov cocktails out of them. I just don't understand why you can equip and drink them. I wouldn't be surprised if you could throw them and do damage, I haven't tried it, but it would probably work. Maybe you can throw a bottle at them and light them on fire or something.

If you collect 5 bottles and bring them to "Mike" at the lifeguard station he will make molotov cocktails for you though, and they are pretty badass, you can take out big groups of zombies with one cocktail.

Post #127   9/15/11 12:51:39AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

well you can collect alcohol bottles and make molotov cocktails out of them. I just don't understand why you can equip and drink them. I wouldn't be surprised if you could throw them and do damage, I haven't tried it, but it would probably work. Maybe you can throw a bottle at them and light them on fire or something.

If you collect 5 bottles and bring them to "Mike" at the lifeguard station he will make molotov cocktails for you though, and they are pretty badass, you can take out big groups of zombies with one cocktail.

Yeah, I used one of those Molotov's last night. Works really well. I'm stuck in the game though. Have you found the plane in the jungle yet? I'm still looking and I can't find it anywhere.

Post #128   9/15/11 6:29:45AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
I haven't played the game in a few days because I got frustrated with it, so I don't think I've reached the quest you're talking about.

If you open the quest log you should be able to select which quest you want to track, and it should put a dotted line on the minimap with a distance marker to tell you where it is. Sometimes it doesn't work if the quest has multiple objectives.

Post #129   9/16/11 4:44:17PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
I'm guessing you mean the crashed helicopter? I played today, and I'm sort of at the point where I have decided that I don't like the game, but I've invested so much time already that I sort of want to beat it for that reason alone.

Post #130   9/17/11 4:55:14AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

I'm guessing you mean the crashed helicopter?

I think so.

Post #131   9/17/11 5:50:25AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Aether

I think so.

Well like I said before, you should be able to go into your quest log and select "track quest" then get a dotted line that tells you where to go on your radar. If that's not working though, just go to the lighthouse, and jump over the banister around the place where you had to spell "HELP" with the suitcases, if you go all the way down that hill to the beach, you should be pretty close to the helicopter.

Post #132   9/17/11 8:44:32AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Aether

I think so.

Well like I said before, you should be able to go into your quest log and select "track quest" then get a dotted line that tells you where to go on your radar. If that's not working though, just go to the lighthouse, and jump over the banister around the place where you had to spell "HELP" with the suitcases, if you go all the way down that hill to the beach, you should be pretty close to the helicopter.

I haven't even done the "HELP" with the briefcases, lol. I haven't played it in a few days. No time. Hopefully I can get that done today.

Post #133   9/17/11 8:47:33AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Chips:
I still haven't done the help suitcases or found the jumbo jet. I'm on Chapter 5 and in the city now though so I might have just skipped it.

Post #134   9/18/11 12:24:35AM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Back on topic: I just decided to splurge on a brand-new Vortex bong!

Post #135   9/18/11 9:27:16PM   

Page 9 of 62   <<   6     7     8     9     10     11     12   >>