Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC's Jacob Volkmann won't shut up until he gets a meeting with the President

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,426-871
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has a chain. Chuck Liddell has a mohawk. Chael Sonnen has his mouth.

They are the marks of a fighter's personality and the things that identify them to the rest of the world. They are as much a part of a fighter's brand as the style brought to the cage. Just about every high-profile competitor has a defining feature.

Jacob Volkmann would like to make Obamacare his.

"Even though people don't want me to do it, I don't care," he told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Article

Post #1   5/9/11 1:33:15PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
reading all the comments under the article is kind of depressing.

Post #2   5/9/11 1:44:10PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,115-670
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Right, this man is getting MMA on the radar but i'm not sure if its for the right reasons or not, he brings it when in the cage, follows the rules. But calls out the president, its not like he's a punk fighter, covered in tattoo's, mohawk.

He is just another fighter using the president to make him famous, it's smart, provided he doesnt get into any serious trouble over this. And he keeps his reasons political. The LW division is so stacked everybody needs a story or something which seperates them... I see his reasoning for doing it, I just hope some media story's don't see him as a red hot cage fighter bad boy who smashes people's face's in and see him as a grappler without one KO in MMA trying to get his name out there and trying to gain recognition so it takes away from that he hasn't finished a fight since the 15th of May, 2009

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #3   5/9/11 2:12:38PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
There are a lot more influental people who have the media to make themselves heard to many more of the masses than Volkmann that have similar views and they don't get calls from the President.....talk radio show hosts and tv show hosts are prime examples.....I really don't think he will EVER get the call. Just place your vote and voice your opinion to people who care enough to listen.

Post #4   5/9/11 3:23:39PM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
I like Christmas and he's entitled to say what he wants - freedom of speech. I just want to see Volkmann back in there.

Post #5   5/9/11 4:50:04PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:

he called him out, he didnt threaten his life or anything.

the whole secret service thing is completely ridiculous

Post #6   5/9/11 5:53:09PM