Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Zombieland: Chan Sung Jung calls out Mark Hominick

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,673-1,533
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
When Chan Sung Jung submitted Leonard Garcia with a twister back on March 26 at UFC Fight Night 24: "Nogueira vs. Davis," it broke a two-fight skid and gave him just his second win in five fights.

And, not to get greedy or anything, but he feels like he deserves a nice little step up in the featherweight division because of it. He made this clear with a short, but sweet, tweet:

LINK

Post #1   5/8/11 1:58:46PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I think Jung gets beat down by Hominick. Prolly 1st or 2nd Rd Tko.

Zombies vs The Machines

Post #2   5/8/11 2:01:38PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,624-911
Chips:
Bad call for Mr. Zombie. Don't think his chin could last against Hominick for three rounds. Exciting match-up, though.

Post #3   5/8/11 2:09:53PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
I love that the Zombie has his sights set for the top. I'm not sure he'll fare all that well against Hominick, but if he were to beat him he would skyrocket up the rankings. I would imagine this would be a pretty awesome fight no matter the outcome, so I hope the UFC likes this idea. Hominick seems to think it's a great idea.

Post #4   5/8/11 2:52:21PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,870-1,008
Chips:
Because of how thin 145 is compared to the other divisions this fight kind of makes sense. The ufc would like to get Mark a win to build him back up and right now Jung is coming off a big televised main card win in which he used a very rare submission. It would be an exciting fight and would probably help fill out a main card for a fight night for spike or vs, or a prelim spot before a ppv. I like the fight make it happen.

Post #5   5/8/11 4:48:01PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,673-1,533
Chips:
I hope the fight happens. It would be a great fight to watch. I say Hominick would earn the stoppage but it would be exciting the whole way through.

Post #6   5/8/11 6:29:44PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
cant wait to see the odds on KZ

Post #7   5/8/11 9:04:02PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
hominick by homicide

Post #8   5/9/11 1:13:39AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Hominick will tool him and I think rather easily.

Post #9   5/9/11 9:34:09AM   

CracMMA

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Everyone is counting out the Zombie too quickly. Besides, that twister was nothing short of amazing.

Post #10   5/9/11 10:29:31PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
No it wasn't. A "twister" in MMA is the quivolent to a "Guiloteen" in collegiate wrestling. (BTW a twister in wrestling basically means an Anaconda choke lol)

Anyhow, its easy to get, and can be gotten on anybody who is not a superb wrestler as long as the fighter has one hook in (normally from back control).

The reason you don't see it is because it doesn't work. Its very painful, but thats just it, its a pain move. Like a can opener. The majority of fighters in the UFC wont tap to that.

There is no threat of going to sleep and no threat of anything breaking except maybe their nose depending on the lock.

In all reality if the fighter has anyheart he'll endur eit, eventually get out when the top man arms tire, or he eventually6 scrambles out. If he is too tired to fight he can just sit there and take it until the next round. His neck will be sore, but he will be alright.

Garcia just didn't know the move or what was happening. He felt the pain and his position and thought that serious damange could be done if he did not get out of it (which he could not). So he tapped. Either than or he simply has no heart, which I hope isn't the case...and from his previous fights I don't think it was.

I think it was just ignorance. Especially because there ws like a second left on the clock;. If he did tap just due to the pain then well...

Post #11   5/10/11 9:49:39PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

No it wasn't. A "twister" in MMA is the quivolent to a "Guiloteen" in collegiate wrestling. (BTW a twister in wrestling basically means an Anaconda choke lol)

Anyhow, its easy to get, and can be gotten on anybody who is not a superb wrestler as long as the fighter has one hook in (normally from back control).

The reason you don't see it is because it doesn't work. Its very painful, but thats just it, its a pain move. Like a can opener. The majority of fighters in the UFC wont tap to that.

There is no threat of going to sleep and no threat of anything breaking except maybe their nose depending on the lock.

In all reality if the fighter has anyheart he'll endur eit, eventually get out when the top man arms tire, or he eventually6 scrambles out. If he is too tired to fight he can just sit there and take it until the next round. His neck will be sore, but he will be alright.

Garcia just didn't know the move or what was happening. He felt the pain and his position and thought that serious damange could be done if he did not get out of it (which he could not). So he tapped. Either than or he simply has no heart, which I hope isn't the case...and from his previous fights I don't think it was.

I think it was just ignorance. Especially because there ws like a second left on the clock;. If he did tap just due to the pain then well...

How can you call something easy that has never been done in the octagon.
it is most certainly not easy to get a twister, or whatever you want to call it.

Post #12   5/11/11 12:20:39AM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

This is extremely inaccurate. It's fairly clear that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Post #13   5/12/11 6:11:26PM