Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Del Rosario's trainer says fighter facing legal distractions, potentially difficult recovery

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Shane Del Rosario (11-0 MMA, 3-0 SF) isn't in the clear just yet.

The Strikeforce heavyweight was involved in an April 14 automobile accident when an allegedly intoxicated driver struck his car, which was waiting at a stoplight in Laguna Niguel, Calif.

Now Del Rosario's trainer, Colin Oyama, said there's some concern whether or not the undefeated heavyweight will ever return to action, and he's facing some distracting legal proceedings while helping to prosecute the woman that hit him.

Article

Post #1   5/7/11 8:49:56AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Oh man, I hope he can fight again. Young Prospect with a big future ahead of him. It's Frank Mir all over again.

Post #2   5/7/11 9:08:07AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,557-943
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Oh man, I hope he can fight again. Young Prospect with a big future ahead of him. It's Frank Mir all over again.

Let's hope it's not that serious! Some of the wording in the article makes me think that part of the reason he isn't working out/ rehabbing is due to the legal BS, which I can understand.

It would be pretty lame to say "Oh I am injured because of this accident" and then go to court and have the defense say "Well he is a cage fighter. He was training before, during, and after the accident. Any injuries he has are pre-existing."

I would hope his medical records prior to this are extensive so that he could prove otherwise. Hopefully he recovers fully, and continues his promising career right where he left off.

Post #3   5/7/11 9:28:11AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Man....that sucks...I know he was a legit HW and all but I was kind of hoping to see him lose to some huge powerful HW (Bigfoot/Overeem etc..) so that I could see him drop to LHW where his skills and size would make him a very credible contender instead of the side show who everyone feels is just getting lucky.

Post #4   5/7/11 5:14:02PM