Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Sean Salmon

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Yea Sean was winning that fight against Rashad, but I have to agree he did seems to kind of gas quick. His jump kick rivals Shogun's lol.

Do you think his gassing in that Rashad fight was because of the big "adrenaline dump" a lot of fighters coming into their UFC debut go through? Just a thought...

And I'm sticking to my guns on the karate-kid kick... I think he was nervous and his coaches told him to do something rediculous to shake off the nerves... And the hillarity insued

Post #16   5/1/07 5:50:19PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Either that or hes learning SAFTA from Big Jon Hess, as he did the same thing in his octagon fight.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #17   5/2/07 4:20:57AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by fedorwins1

Yea Sean was winning that fight against Rashad, but I have to agree he did seems to kind of gas quick. His jump kick rivals Shogun's lol.

Do you think his gassing in that Rashad fight was because of the big "adrenaline dump" a lot of fighters coming into their UFC debut go through? Just a thought...

And I'm sticking to my guns on the karate-kid kick... I think he was nervous and his coaches told him to do something rediculous to shake off the nerves... And the hillarity insued

Yea very true, i didn't think about that. First fight in the UFC and you're in the main event against Rashad Evans, you're adrenaline has to have a factor in that one.

Post #18   5/2/07 9:29:22AM   

TuRocks

Learning to Sprawl

TuRocks Avatar

Career:1,792-1,036
Camp: Niskis Brothers
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

I remember Salmon's funny looking jumpkick which posed no threat, and I remember him slowing down in the later rounds before he was KTFO'd..

I guess this fight will make or break Salmon.

This is the mistake people are making. Just because he threw that jumpkick, it doesn't mean he's a bad fighter. I think he looked pretty good before he got KTFO. Salmon by TKO

Post #19   5/2/07 11:27:24AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Either that or hes learning SAFTA from Big Jon Hess, as he did the same thing in his octagon fight.

Hey, Svartorm... You should throw one of those in the begging of your next fight or grappling tournament

Keep em guessing, ya know what I mean

Post #20   5/2/07 2:10:29PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Personally I don't remember him looking tired at all. He looked fine to me. Rashad was the one that was looking a little frustrated. I think that's why he threw that kick. Up until that point everything else he was doing was getting him nowhere. I'd like to see them fight again. I bet Salmon would win.

Post #21   5/2/07 3:04:54PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,224-1,249
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Looking at some of the "wealthiest players" wager histories, I've seen some big money on Salmon.

He was winning that fight against Rashad when the lights went out.

It's too close to call I think - it'll definitely go to the ground, but his wrestling looks real good and everything else looks so mediocre, and you can only eek out a decision by wrestling really well. Schaeffer would have to be pretty good to overcome Salmon's wrestling, and who knows anything about Schaeffer other than looking at his fight history?

Post #22   5/2/07 4:43:26PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

Looking at some of the "wealthiest players" wager histories, I've seen some big money on Salmon.

He was winning that fight against Rashad when the lights went out.

It's too close to call I think - it'll definitely go to the ground, but his wrestling looks real good and everything else looks so mediocre, and you can only eek out a decision by wrestling really well. Schaeffer would have to be pretty good to overcome Salmon's wrestling, and who knows anything about Schaeffer other than looking at his fight history?

just look at his fights.. i personally thought he was doing amazing against bisping.. and i think he'll take bisping in a rematch.

Post #23   5/2/07 7:13:14PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

I see Sean Salmon is fighting Eric Schaefer soon...

After seeing Salmon's poor performance against Evans, and the rocky aftermatch of Salmon taking a long time to recover after the KO, I wonder why the UFC still has this guy?

Im not making fun of him, but out of concern I think he should remain at some smaller shows and build up some better skills before he fights someone like Eric Schaefer or Rashad Evans..

I hope Salmon makes it out of this fight alright.

Are you serious? How was that a poor performance against Evans? He pretty much dominated the fight, took Rashad down at will, and rashad is a great wrestler, and won most of the stand up...He just got caught, simply put.

Post #24   5/2/07 8:04:33PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Svartorm

Hey, Svartorm... You should throw one of those in the begging of your next fight or grappling tournament

Keep em guessing, ya know what I mean

No thanks, I'd rather win.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #25   5/2/07 11:45:04PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Kastro

After seeing Salmon's poor performance against Evans, and the rocky aftermatch of Salmon taking a long time to recover after the KO, I wonder why the UFC still has this guy?

Im not making fun of him, but out of concern I think he should remain at some smaller shows and build up some better skills before he fights someone like Eric Schaefer or Rashad Evans..

Are you serious? How was that a poor performance against Evans? He pretty much dominated the fight, took Rashad down at will, and rashad is a great wrestler, and won most of the stand up...He just got caught, simply put.

Quick question, what evidence supports the claim that Rashad is a great wrestler? What wrestlers has he fought and shown that he was better than in wrestling?

Post #26   5/3/07 7:01:40PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by Kastro

Quick question, what evidence supports the claim that Rashad is a great wrestler? What wrestlers has he fought and shown that he was better than in wrestling?

there is none...he had a kinda good wrestling record. but other than that people just see the undefeated record and are immediately impressed even tho its a very boring undefeated record

Post #27   5/3/07 7:35:51PM   

BadSanta

Banned

Career:45-27
Chips:
Salmon didn't do too badly in that fight. That karate kick was embarrassing but he was winning the ground game before getting KTFO.

Last edited 5/4/07 5:14AM server time by BadSanta
Edit note/reason: Brain Fart.

Post #28   5/4/07 5:14:27AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2