Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Secondary league events cut off too early

Print  
Posted By Message

Some_Guy

Learning to Sprawl

Some_Guy Avatar

Career:1,807-1,016
Camp: BE Civil War
Chips:
I understand that the secondary league isn't a priority, and I understand that it may take a few days (at times) to get results in. It isn't the main focus of the site, and that's fine, but something that KILLS me about it is the cut-offs for picks. The Tachi Palace Fights 9/Bellator 43 /TFC 18 card for this weekend already cut off, and it's more than 24 hours before one of the events, not to mention I can't figure out what "TFC 18" is. If we could have the picks cut off a few hours before the live start that would be great, but at the very least having them cut off twelve hours before would be even better.

With the frequent changes that happen to these smaller cards, not to mention their lack of coverage on the news sites (for obvious reasons) it's hard to get picks in on time, and when they cut off more than a day before some events I often find myself (and I'm sure others are the same) missing several fights if not the whole damn thing. There doesn't seem to be any good reason to have them cut off so early, and though I can appreciate having systems in place that are difficult to change, it isn't that hard to change a "5/5/2011 16:00" to "5/6/2011 04:00".

Post #1   5/5/11 5:33:04PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well, damn! I didn't get a chance to finalize my picks.

Post #2   5/5/11 5:47:44PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Unfortunately neither did I and I really enjoy the Secondary league and feel it's my strong point. I agree with this topic full heartedly.

Oh and TFC 18 is Titan Fighting Championship 18.

Post #3   5/5/11 6:39:10PM   

Some_Guy

Learning to Sprawl

Some_Guy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

See that's what I thought, except that event isn't going down for a few weeks.

Post #4   5/5/11 6:41:53PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Chips:

Posted by Some_Guy

Posted by Budgellism

See that's what I thought, except that event isn't going down for a few weeks.

Must be a typo or something then.

Post #5   5/5/11 6:50:05PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

Unfortunately neither did I and I really enjoy the Secondary league and feel it's my strong point. I agree with this topic full heartedly.

I'm going to pay attention more to the secondary league from here on out, and make my picks as soon as possible. If I'm not mistaken I only picked the winners, and I was going to choose the outcomes tonight or tomorrow.

Post #6   5/5/11 7:22:38PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
the lockout dates are posted way early. Almost always at least month in advance. Thats plenty of time in advance for people to make their picks.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   5/6/11 12:00:13AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Mine is still open. And there is no Titan Fighting in this combo card.

Card locks in about 14 hrs from now it says.

Post #8   5/6/11 12:56:29AM   

Some_Guy

Learning to Sprawl

Some_Guy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

the lockout dates are posted way early. Almost always at least month in advance. Thats plenty of time in advance for people to make their picks.

I understand that they're posted early and there is plenty of time to make picks, but with frequent changes to the cards it doesn't do much good to make picks a month out. Hell, I made picks for all of the fights a week ago today, and there were two that were added/changed!

I'm not asking that the event be carefully scheduled to pop ninety minutes before fight time so that every last person can get in, just that they cut off early the day of the event and not mid-day the day before. I understand there are probably limitations in the system, but I don't feel that more effective scheduling is too much to ask for. Thanks for re-opening this weekend's picks too, by the way!

Post #9   5/6/11 10:02:33AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
If there is a combo card we have to lock out the fights when the first card starts. They are attached . As for any other card we try to lock the fights 4 hours before any card can start. Its the only way to make sure we can avoid a card starting early, and avoid fights then being deleted from the game because they were going on before the lockout. It has happened before. Anyway , its not going to change. Sorry of some are unhappy but like I said the event lockout time is usually set at least a month in advance- some far earlier . Only when a card gets dropped from a combo , a time changes and we know about it , or a postponement /date change like Titan can change a lockout time. Also no new fights can be added within 24 hours of a lockout time and those are extremely rare anyway . So I suggest those who are heavily invested in the secondary league keep track of the lockout times of an upcoming event and then check back after the clock is within 24 hours.
ADMIN

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #10   5/7/11 5:40:32AM   

Some_Guy

Learning to Sprawl

Some_Guy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

If there is a combo card we have to lock out the fights when the first card starts. They are attached . As for any other card we try to lock the fights 4 hours before any card can start. Its the only way to make sure we can avoid a card starting early, and avoid fights then being deleted from the game because they were going on before the lockout.
ADMIN

I don't think that you understand what I'm trying to get at. I understand when the lockout happens and why in the primary league, but this weekend's card originally locked out on Thursday late afternoon (maybe earlier, but that's when I looked at it) when none of the events on the card began until Friday evening. If there had been a fight on Thursday night that would've been totally fine, but what I'm trying to get across is that for the secondary league there have been several instances where the event cuts off a day early for no reason.

This wasn't a case where an event was locked out on Friday afternoon when there were fights on Friday and Saturday night (like it's supposed to be and usual is), this was a case where (before the event was unlocked) the event was locked out on THURSDAY AFTERNOON for fights that took place on Friday and Saturday night. What you're saying makes complete sense, because that's the way it's always been, what I'm trying to get through is that this event (and several others) have been cutting off more than 24 hours before the event and NOT 4-5 hours before the event.

Post #11   5/7/11 1:24:38PM