Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

HonestlyIDontCareLol

Learning to Sprawl

Career:6-5
Chips:
I say Aldo all the way. Jose Aldo is jut phenomenal with his stand up abilities. I mean, he's a very unique fighter. He's got some very unique moves in his arsenal. He's almost like the Manny Pacquiao of MMA. You never know what to expect and he comes in from all angles. With Aldo's speed and accuracy and unexpected variety of strikes, I doubt Edgar would even get the opportunity to shoot for a takedown. And even if he did, Jose Aldo is a black belt in BJJ, so I'm sure he'd be able to defend it or maneuver his way out of it somehow and get back to his feet.

Post #16   7/6/11 12:41:48PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I would love to see this match and I think Edgar would do well. What Faber and most fighters did wrong against Aldo is stand in front of him. Expect Edgar to move like he always does and this will limit the chances for Aldo set up and sit on his kicks.

Most people - when they watch a fighter, they tend to focus on the fighter's strengths and not his weaknesses. The way to beat aldo is to move like Edgar and Cruz. Frustrate him and pepper him with quick soft touches and then take him down when he least expects it.

Edgar all day ...

Post #17   7/8/11 1:27:41PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,860-1,034
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Edgar Cruz

Edgar's footwork can help him avoid the leg kicks, Cruz's foot work can't.

Post #18   7/8/11 2:23:14PM   

bellefaithwilliams

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Hey dude.. Nobody knows what will happen inside the octagon.. And everyone knows that there's no one to step in the octagon without something. Lets just watch the fight....

Wingchun London

Post #19   7/11/11 7:25:03AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kingsmasher

Dude Edgar would be way too strong for him and thats a fact and Aldos ground game is no where near what Ed Soares wants you to think...

I'm not sure you know what a fact is...

Facts are not your opinion, and from what I've read of your opinions, they have very little in common with facts.

Well I have a fact for you...I have more money than you this season...Is that a fact in your book?

That is a fact, so now that it's clear that you know what one is, maybe you can stop stating your opinions as facts. My point was that you basically are a half a step up from a troll and if you don't change your posting habits you won't be around here for long. I'm fine with you having opinions, but post according to the forum rules and quit trying to pass off what you think you know as gospel. Do that and you won't lose posting privileges...and THAT'S a fact.

P.S. 19-4 > 15-7 = another fact, thanks for playing

LOVE IT cowcatcher!!!!!! Wanted to prop, but gotta spread the love.

Post #20   7/11/11 4:37:45PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
That was harsh. *Kung Fu goes back to edit most of his posts*

Post #21   7/11/11 9:43:01PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2