Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 129 Results: Sickness Slowed Jose Aldo During His Bout Against Mark Hominick

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,622-990
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Jose Aldo dominated the first round of his UFC 129 bout against Mark Hominick. Shortly after the second round started though, the champion seemed visibly tired. Commentator Joe Rogan speculated that it could be a result of a bad weight cut, bringing up that Aldo was light headed and had to excuse himself during the Q&A portion that featured the 7 UFC champs. It seems that wasn't the case though.

BE Reader fafefifofo, brought up that right before Rogan interviewed Aldo, he complained to his corner that he should have taken antibiotics. Bloody Elbow's Tom Mendes of Brazil was able to confirm this

Article

Post #1   5/2/11 10:40:12AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
OH come on....Excuses....Jeez he still domianted but lets be honest that was all heart and Aldo spent alot of energy when it went to the ground....

Post #2   5/2/11 11:13:09AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

OH come on....Excuses....Jeez he still domianted but lets be honest that was all heart and Aldo spent alot of energy when it went to the ground....

Excuses? This wasn't said publicly. This was translated by BE from what was said in his corner.

Post #3   5/2/11 11:43:28AM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,026-1,730
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kingsmasher

Excuses? This wasn't said publicly. This was translated by BE from what was said in his corner.

That and it was pretty obvious he didn't look himself. Rogan said during the fight that Aldo had to leave the super 7 conference early because he wasn't feeling well. Not taking anything away from Hominick but Aldo was very clearly not himself.

Post #4   5/2/11 11:59:20AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kingsmasher

That and it was pretty obvious he didn't look himself. Rogan said during the fight that Aldo had to leave the super 7 conference early because he wasn't feeling well. Not taking anything away from Hominick but Aldo was very clearly not himself.

This.

Post #5   5/2/11 12:15:14PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Still looked pretty fast to me.

Also Daniel Roberts posted something on twitter that the ufc retweeted about something possibly being wrong with him.

Post #6   5/2/11 12:25:04PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,026-1,730
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Still looked pretty fast to me.

Also Daniel Roberts posted something on twitter that the ufc retweeted about something possibly being wrong with him.

Roberts didn't look good at all so I could believe that.

Post #7   5/2/11 12:37:06PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I thought something was up. He went 5 rounds with Faber no problem but started to gas in the second against Mark. If it's true I think it makes his performance even more impressive.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #8   5/2/11 1:23:59PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I thought something was up. He went 5 rounds with Faber no problem but started to gas in the second against Mark. If it's true I think it makes his performance even more impressive.

probably because Hominick kept punching Aldo in the face? everytime Aldo was getting lit up he took the fight to the mat.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   5/2/11 1:37:24PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,064-1,097
Chips:
I personally think anyone who's talking crap about aldos performance is being ridiculous. Sick or not he showcased his takedowns which he never showed us he had. Then while mark was having success standing jose still dropped him and hurt him both in round 3 and 4. He wrestled and striked mixing it up beautifully. Mark to his credited stole the final frame but never came close to finishing. Aldos stock should be raised if anything and challengers shouldn't come in expecting him to gas the way he did cause it won't happen again.

Post #10   5/2/11 1:57:57PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

probably because Hominick kept punching Aldo in the face? everytime Aldo was getting lit up he took the fight to the mat.

kopower said that Aldo gassed in the second, which is true. Hominick didn't land that many strikes at all on Aldo in the first round. He came out in the second and looked gassed, and as the round went on he looked slower and slower. That's all he's saying.

Post #11   5/2/11 3:57:30PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Chips:
Here comes the excuses

Post #12   5/2/11 4:36:59PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Can't wait to see what Jose will do against an elite wrestler (Mendes).....my $$$ is on the wrestler.

Last edited 5/2/11 5:09PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   5/2/11 5:09:38PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

kopower said that Aldo gassed in the second, which is true. Hominick didn't land that many strikes at all on Aldo in the first round. He came out in the second and looked gassed, and as the round went on he looked slower and slower. That's all he's saying.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #14   5/2/11 6:42:37PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Chips:
I'm shocked people are saying he is making excuses. Aldo didn't make any excuses at all and this is just a translation of what was said in his corner. I would like to say it was clear something wasn't right at all with Aldo. He is a BJJ world champ and not once tried to pass guard, that should be clear indication he wasn't on his game. Now weather you think he was sick or not he clearly won 4 of 5 rounds against a very game opponent.

Post #15   5/2/11 7:12:02PM