Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

After title shot loss, UFC 129's Jake Shields hopes for one more shot before retirement.

Print  
Posted By Message

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
TORONTO – His decision to stick to the game plan was crap. His inability or unwillingness to deviate from it was even crappier.

No, you don't have to tell Jake Shields this.

Following a UFC 129 main-event title loss to welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre – his first defeat in 16 fights and more than six years – Shields was as hard as anyone on himself.

"Obviously I'm not happy," he told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) following Saturday's UFC 129 event at Toronto's Rogers Centre. "I went in there, and I came up short. Georges has great stand-up, and he kept me away. I couldn't get him down. He did a great job of stuffing my shots."

Article

Post #1   5/2/11 10:11:28AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,673-1,533
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'd like to see Shields either move up to Middleweight, where he belongs or fight Fitch

Post #2   5/2/11 12:14:11PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I'd like to see Shields either move up to Middleweight, where he belongs or fight Fitch

Fitch-Shields should happen for sure. Who knows when that match would be able to be made, though....

If Shields goes up to 185, that frees up some room for Nick Diaz at 170 and then Nate could do his thing at 155.... maybe beat Maynard again!

Post #3   5/2/11 1:42:41PM