Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

NFL Draft

Print  
Posted By Message

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
So how are your teams doing so far? I was a bit disappointed with the Vikes taking Ponder so early. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I was hoping they would have swooped up Fairley.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #1   4/28/11 11:19:56PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Forgot how long the draft takes and I only got home for the last 5 or 6 picks of it and that was only the first round.

Didn't know what to expect from the Chiefs, but hope the new 6'4" WR will help out Bowe and we could maybe pass the ball more effectively.

Post #2   4/29/11 12:11:47AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Falcons trade up for Julio Jones, don't know about that one, I'd be happy if they've done it a bit higher for Peterson.

Post #3   4/29/11 12:38:14AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Falcons trade up for Julio Jones, don't know about that one, I'd be happy if they've done it a bit higher for Peterson.

i love the pick.....i absolutely loath the price.....TWO first round picks(2011,2012) and TWO 4th round picks(2011,2012)..... its either Jones is elite or hes a bust for the price. i like him as a receiver and think he is better than aj green(this coming from a uga fanatic) but it is a massive price for one player who is unproven

Post #4   4/29/11 1:53:26AM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,961-1,046
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
The first round had a lot of surprises for me. Ponder going to Minnesota was interesting. I'm not sure why they didn't trade down to acquire more picks as he would probably of been available. I love Fairley going to the Lions. I can't believe he fell that far but now pairing him with Suh can make for one of the better defensive lines for years to come. The Falcons sacrificing as much as they did for Jones is a little surprising as well. I read last night they had been trying to trade to acquire Green but when it fell through they went for Julio. I agree with John Gruden and if I draft a receiver in the top ten I want him more sure handed, Julio drops the ball way too much. I love New Orleans getting Marc Ingram, and as much as it pains me to say since I am a die hard Pittsburgh fan another favorite pick of mine is Jimmy Smith to Baltimore. If you take away Jimmy Smith's off-field trouble he's a top ten pick probably 1b right behind Patrick Peterson. I definitely wanted him to become a Steeler lol.... should be an interesting round 2 as well.

Post #5   4/29/11 7:30:45AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by kopower

So how are your teams doing so far? I was a bit disappointed with the Vikes taking Ponder so early. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out. I was hoping they would have swooped up Fairley.

Another draft day stroke of genius by the Viqueens. At least they didn't get skipped by two teams this year.

I thought the Pack would go with Ayers or Bowers, but I'm OK with the Sherrod pick as they are going to have to replace Clifton sooner than later.

The Saints were the big winners on day 1 IMO, and I agree with whoever mentioned Detroit as well. The lions are really becoming a respectable team through the draft over the last couple of years.

Post #6   4/29/11 10:00:56AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Falcons are one or two players away from Super Bowl guarantee...It will be hard to cover all their weapons..

My team is the jaguars..We drafted Gabbert adn gave up our second round to do so...We needed help on defense..

More than likely we are number one or two in next years draft...And coulda got a real QB in Luck...

Post #7   4/29/11 10:03:31AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Not a huge fan of that move by the Falcons. Jones is going to be really, really good, or a bust because of what some people say are questionable hands. It doesn't hurt to add another offensive weapon, especially with an elite receiver across from the rookie, but they needed an impact player on defense more than anything IMO. They reached and it could pay huge dividends or be a flop just like any time teams reach.

Post #8   4/29/11 12:20:31PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,331-1,251
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by kopower

Another draft day stroke of genius by the Viqueens. At least they didn't get skipped by two teams this year.

I thought the Pack would go with Ayers or Bowers, but I'm OK with the Sherrod pick as they are going to have to replace Clifton sooner than later.

The Saints were the big winners on day 1 IMO, and I agree with whoever mentioned Detroit as well. The lions are really becoming a respectable team through the draft over the last couple of years.

That crown goes to the Ravens this year. Yeah, I thought Detroit and the Saints have improved big time. Interesting to see how far Bowers is going to fall. His knee must not have checked out good.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #9   4/29/11 1:20:27PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Reggie Bush is pissed, it's funny.

Post #10   4/29/11 1:33:25PM   

BelXavier420

Standup Guy

BelXavier420 Avatar

Career:860-612
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:
I have a feeling Detroit will be Fairley good this year with the draft picks they have been making. I don't know what to think about my team (The Titans) passing on Fairley and getting Locker. I guess our new coaching staff like what they see in Jake Locker. I sure hope we get some defense in these next couple rounds though it has when downhill since Shwartz left.

Post #11   4/29/11 1:43:46PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
I wont be happy until ATL picks a DE and a CB, Oh wait we gave most of the picks for Julio, probably wont happen. I was happy with our offense and would've wait until later or next year to get the WR and RB. Now if defense doesn't work we have to start trading or wait 3 years to get decent picks in a draft.

Post #12   4/30/11 4:05:51PM