Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tyron Woodley Still a Fight or Two Away From Challenging Nick Diaz in Strikeforce

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,983-1,102
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The welterweight division in Strikeforce is looking for a new contender to challenge Nick Diaz whenever he’s ready to do MMA again. The man who wants the job is former Missouri wrestler and 8-0 fighter Tyron Woodley.

Woodley is coming off a win over Tarec Saffiedine in January. He has been rising up the ranks ever since he started fighting back in early 2009.

Woodley sat cageside during the title fight between Nick Diaz and Paul Daley recently, with a close eye on the action, hoping to challenge the victor sometime soon.

First things first, Woodley will need to get another win or two. This is according to Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker, who believes Woodley has all the tools to present a serious challenge to Diaz, but just not right now.

LINK

Post #1   4/27/11 4:03:40PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
Hilarious...tehn who does Nick diaz fight next in the big Strikeforce Welter weight division...

Post #2   4/27/11 4:47:49PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Looks like Diaz is going to be boxing then.

Post #3   4/27/11 5:08:43PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
like SF is going to be around for that long????

Post #4   4/27/11 7:54:04PM   

Makaveli158

Learning to Sprawl

Makaveli158 Avatar

Career:387-311
Camp: /r/mma
Chips:
The only questionable hole in Nick Diaz's game is how well he can perform against a strong wrestler. Back in his UFC days he didn't do too well. I have a feeling he will stand a better chance nowadays but he still hasn't proven himself.

One thing is for sure, after the his performance vs Daley, I don't think anyone wants to stand with Diaz. Any wrestler is gonna have to be on his toes going to the ground with Diaz too, sick jiujitsu.

I don't think Woodley will be the one to beat Nick... How about a Lawler vs Diaz rematch?

Post #5   4/27/11 9:42:14PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:

Posted by Makaveli158

The only questionable hole in Nick Diaz's game is how well he can perform against a strong wrestler. Back in his UFC days he didn't do too well. I have a feeling he will stand a better chance nowadays but he still hasn't proven himself.

One thing is for sure, after the his performance vs Daley, I don't think anyone wants to stand with Diaz. Any wrestler is gonna have to be on his toes going to the ground with Diaz too, sick jiujitsu.

I don't think Woodley will be the one to beat Nick... How about a Lawler vs Diaz rematch?

how about daley vs lawler? just sayin...

Post #6   4/28/11 12:48:47AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Two fights away. Don't make me laugh!!

Post #7   4/28/11 8:11:41AM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:

Posted by Makaveli158

I bet Thiago alves would gladly stand with him...Daley isnt that good...He has power but lets be honest his chin and accuracy are suspect...

Post #8   4/28/11 11:14:59AM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Makaveli158

I bet Thiago alves would gladly stand with him...Daley isnt that good...He has power but lets be honest his chin and accuracy are suspect...

alves would give diaz a LOT of problems. also, i think koscheck would out strike diaz too

Post #9   4/30/11 1:15:13PM