Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC on Versus 4 gets T.J. Grant vs. Matt Riddle, Nik Lentz vs. Charles Oliveira

Print  
Posted By Message

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,828-1,619
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The UFC's return to Pennsylvania continues to take shape, as company officials on Wednesday announced a pair of new matchups.

In welterweight action, T.J. Grant (16-5 MMA, 3-3 UFC) meets Matt Riddle (5-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC), while a lightweight bout sees Nik Lentz (21-3-2 MMA, 5-0-1 UFC) take on Charles Oliveira (14-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC).

LINK

Post #1   4/27/11 12:05:24PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,828-1,619
Chips:
I like Grant and Lentz in these two fights. Oliveira could definitely pull off the submission but I dunno. Lentz will probably grind out the decision. Riddle has been too inconsistent for me to pick him against a guy like Grant. I think Grant will get the finish, I just don't know how.

Post #2   4/27/11 1:05:51PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Finally Lentz will lose.

Post #3   4/27/11 3:13:19PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Chips:
Oliveira will be the popular choice, and will probably add up some quick picks on the fantasy. Makes me very happy that he's fighting Lentz, who will be my pick. Lentz is underrated, in my opinion. The kid has tons of heart and he can grind out wins against most styles that he's faced up against. Reminds me a lot of Jon Fitch. This will be Oliveira's toughest test against against a wrestler. Efrain has wrestling creditability but he isn't on the same as level as Lentz, and when it comes down to BJJ vs. wrestling, I will almost always side with the wrestler.

Post #4   4/27/11 3:55:23PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Oliveira will be the popular choice, and will probably add up some quick picks on the fantasy. Makes me very happy that he's fighting Lentz, who will be my pick. Lentz is underrated, in my opinion. The kid has tons of heart and he can grind out wins against most styles that he's faced up against. Reminds me a lot of Jon Fitch. This will be Oliveira's toughest test against against a wrestler. Efrain has wrestling creditability but he isn't on the same as level as Lentz, and when it comes down to BJJ vs. wrestling, I will almost always side with the wrestler.

i agree nik lentz is always underrated but i mean he should have lost to tyson and tavares, then goes on to lose the first 12 minutes to lowe

its not really a popularity contest, oliveira has more ways to win and more upside in his career.

Post #5   4/27/11 5:16:44PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,786-990
Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by FastKnockout

i agree nik lentz is always underrated but i mean he should have lost to tyson and tavares, then goes on to lose the first 12 minutes to lowe

its not really a popularity contest, oliveira has more ways to win and more upside in his career.

Yeah, I mean that's why I say he has heart. If he's in a bad spot, he doesn't fold like some mentally weak fighters do, and keeps going. Like the Lowe fight, where he managed to catch the submission. Although he may have "lost" to Griffin and Tavares, he still put up a fight and never gave in. As for what I said about the quick picks I worded it wrong. I don't mean fans will pick him because they like him, I mean that on paper he's the solid choice. But, I just think Lentz will end up shining in this fight and screwing up a lot of player's picks.

Post #6   4/27/11 5:31:57PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
Finally! Someone to derail Nik Lentz!

Post #7   4/27/11 7:53:20PM   

jlx

Learning to Sprawl

Career:91-70
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I am not sure how anyone could say that he lost to Tavares. He beat the **** out of Tavares for 2 rounds and got kicked in the nuts about 4 or 5 times. They took away a point from Tavares so it was impossible he should have lost. The Griffin fight I was at and I actually thought he won that fight so I do not know what the contraversy was. Maybe you should watch these fights instead of going along with internet trolls who comment on fights they have never seen.

Post #8   4/27/11 8:52:12PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jlx

Posted by FastKnockout

I am not sure how anyone could say that he lost to Tavares. He beat the **** out of Tavares for 2 rounds and got kicked in the nuts about 4 or 5 times. They took away a point from Tavares so it was impossible he should have lost. The Griffin fight I was at and I actually thought he won that fight so I do not know what the contraversy was. Maybe you should watch these fights instead of going along with internet trolls who comment on fights they have never seen.

lol, makin friends already.

I was in no way trying to troll, he lost to Tyson hands down, no one that you will talk to that saw it thought Lentz won a single round...except you I guess..

And you got your math wrong buddy, Tavares was on his way to winning when HE got the point taken away, therefore he was going to win the decision.

Last edited 4/27/11 11:16PM server time by cooler
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   4/27/11 11:15:49PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Lentz was listening to critics before the Lowe fight and decided to try and stand more or it was that Lowe was better wrestler.

I think the quickness of Oliveira and his subs could give Lentz problems.

Post #10   4/28/11 12:05:02AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Let's see lentz try to get past oliveira!!

Post #11   4/28/11 8:03:54AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Finally! Someone to derail Nik Lentz!

Statements like this, at least to me, just testify to Nik Lentz's ability. I think, like Fastknockout said, he's underrated. He has a good camp and has fantastic grappling, not just wrestling. I think his takedowns and clinch work will give Oliveira fits.

Post #12   4/28/11 8:25:47AM   

jlx

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by jlx

Posted by FastKnockout

I was in no way trying to troll, he lost to Tyson hands down, no one that you will talk to that saw it thought Lentz won a single round...except you I guess..

And you got your math wrong buddy, Tavares was on his way to winning when HE got the point taken away, therefore he was going to win the decision.

I guess that is very wrong apparently many thought he won more than a single round since two of the judges gave him the fight. In the Tavares fight 2 judges scored it a draw and the one judge had it 29-27 for Lentz. If you truly watched either of these fights which you obviously have not you would have a different opinion.

Last edited 4/28/11 9:56AM server time by jlx
Edit note/reason: mistyped

Post #13   4/28/11 9:53:30AM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jlx

Posted by Cooler

Posted by jlx

Posted by FastKnockout

I guess that is very wrong apparently many thought he won more than a single round since two of the judges gave him the fight. In the Tavares fight 2 judges scored it a draw and the one judge had it 29-27 for Lentz. If you truly watched either of these fights which you obviously have not you would have a different opinion.

2 judges plus you, wow thats a lot of people, i see that you abandoned your tavares argument....

Post #14   4/28/11 10:12:28PM   

jlx

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by Cooler

Posted by jlx

Posted by Cooler

Posted by jlx

Posted by FastKnockout

2 judges plus you, wow thats a lot of people, i see that you abandoned your tavares argument....

Did you even see the Tavares fight? Go watch it you can find it online still for free. When the fight was over the whole arena cheered for Lentz and booed Tavares so I guess I was not the only one who thought he won that fight. You have probably never seen either fight.

Post #15   4/29/11 8:44:04AM