Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

B.J. Penn: 'Teammates Have to Fight Each Other'

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
i can see a Machida and Anderson superfight now.....awesome point sparring match

Kos vs Fitch would be a strict wrestling match with next to no punches thrown

i dont see teammate fights being exciting, especially if they have been training together for many years

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   4/27/11 2:08:10AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

i can see a Machida and Anderson superfight now.....awesome point sparring match

Kos vs Fitch would be a strict wrestling match with next to no punches thrown

i dont see teammate fights being exciting, especially if they have been training together for many years

I would like to bring everyones attention to Scott Smith vs Pete Sell as the perfect example of two friends fighting, putting on an awesome show and still being friends. They were cranking eachother right in the face and then high fiving, and it was one of the most awesome finishes ever with both guys almost getting put out.

Post #17   4/27/11 9:01:51AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
If this was a tournament, the the winners always fight. I think the attitude should be hope for the best , but always fight the best.
you fight the top contender fighting professionally

Post #18   4/27/11 11:03:22AM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
teammates don't need to fight, i think gameplanning is damn near impossible and in most cases unnecessary, u got rashad and jones being the only exception. i feel as tho fitch and koscheck isn't even a good fight, ppl were talking bout how anderson should fight machida but does any1 really care to see that fight now? there is more interesting fights for both guys

i'm not surprised to see penn say this thought considering he refuses to surround himself around the best guys

Post #19   4/27/11 12:46:02PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,947-1,203
Chips:
i agree mr. penn

Post #20   4/27/11 2:19:19PM   

kingsmasher

BANNED

Career:258-155
Chips:
I agree with BJ but theres one thing...In other cultures it could be considered total disrespect and disgraceful...everyone in the sport doesnt feel the same way of course and Americans lack culture when it come to this...Unless you are in a gang...so if Black House doesnt fight each other than why should anyone else...

In the future this really only hurts the trainers because eventually this will end up dividing camps in America...Dont expect anytime soon though for guys to fight each other from Japan or Russia or Brazil...Dana thinks just like a greedy american...

Post #21   4/27/11 3:05:48PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2