Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

You Can Now Apply Online at Jobbi.com to Become a UFC Fighter

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The UFC is constantly moving in new and different directions. They recently entered into a partnership with Jobbi.com to make it easier to apply to be a UFC fighter.

LINK

Post #1   4/25/11 4:22:55PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That's interesting. I guess it's getting more difficult (or more expensive) to do all the scouting. (there is such a thing right?)

Post #2   4/25/11 4:25:07PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by scoozna

That's interesting. I guess it's getting more difficult (or more expensive) to do all the scouting. (there is such a thing right?)

I've heard of a handful of different ways the UFC finds new fighters. Such as the British fighter Paul Taylor sending in a highlight video of all his fights, and Kenny Florian putting on an impressive performance in one of his early losses. With the Kenny Florian situation, Dana White was in the audience to check out his opponent, but was so impressed with Florian he actually asked Florian if he wanted a spot on the first season of the Ultimate Fighter. Then in some of the old cases you have long time UFC fighters like Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz that actually knew Dana from his days back as a manager for fighters and boxing coach, and he had connections that gave them opportunities to fight in the early days of the UFC.

Post #3   4/25/11 4:36:19PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:
I'm gonna apply just for the hell of it. Those ufc bantamweights don't got nothin on me!!!

Post #4   4/25/11 10:35:22PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
ill be the Fedor at WW

body type that is

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   4/26/11 12:55:35PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by scoozna

I've heard of a handful of different ways the UFC finds new fighters. Such as the British fighter Paul Taylor sending in a highlight video of all his fights, and Kenny Florian putting on an impressive performance in one of his early losses. With the Kenny Florian situation, Dana White was in the audience to check out his opponent, but was so impressed with Florian he actually asked Florian if he wanted a spot on the first season of the Ultimate Fighter. Then in some of the old cases you have long time UFC fighters like Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz that actually knew Dana from his days back as a manager for fighters and boxing coach, and he had connections that gave them opportunities to fight in the early days of the UFC.

That's good stuff...i hadn't heard the Florian story.

Post #6   4/26/11 5:33:22PM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

I'm gonna apply just for the hell of it. Those ufc bantamweights don't got nothin on me!!!

Haha...I wonder what a UFC rejection letter looks like:

/dream sequence begins....

Dear Sir,
Take your f***ing pansy ass, and head over to the f***ing IFC..err...to StrkeF......err....to K-1. We don't need you in the UFC.

Good Day!
Dana White.

Post #7   4/26/11 5:36:36PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
My Resume

Seeking a job where I only work a couple days a year.

Qualifications:

Watch a lot of UFC fights, so im pretty experienced. How hard could it be from watching to actually fighting.

Experience: Umm see the above.

Education: I finished high school

Post #8   4/26/11 8:17:27PM