Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Middleweight Champ Anderson Silva Back to 205? “Never Say Never”

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will next put his title on the line when he faces Yushin Okami at UFC 134 in August in his home country of Brazil.

Prior to that fight ever being made, UFC president Dana White told the crowd following UFC 128 that Silva had told him specifically that he wanted to fight at middleweight and not go back to 205 pounds, as he had done twice before when the promotion offered him fights in the heavier class.

Silva’s focus is indeed on defending his middleweight title, but if the right opportunity came up at light heavyweight, there’s a very famous phrase that goes something like “never say never.”

“If there’s opportunities that happen to be the right opportunities at the right time, then we’ll take them. But right now he’s focused on the middleweight title,” Silva’s manager Ed Soares told MMAWeekly Radio.

LINK

Post #1   4/21/11 5:38:29PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,709-955
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If he beats Okami, which I believe he will, I will be very upset if he doesn't go to Light Heavyweight. There is no one left for him at Middleweight. He cleaned out the division. Yeah, some fans will mention Chael Sonnen. But, Silva beat him. I would understand if it was a close decision, but it wasn't. Sonnen tapped. If Sonnen decides to follow Silva to Light Heavyweight, that's a different story. There is just nothing left for Silva at Middleweight besides rematches and empty title defenses.

Post #2   4/21/11 5:42:21PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,380-1,274
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Make up your mind already

Post #3   4/21/11 8:28:05PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:494-331
Chips:
Oh come on after he dismantles Okami he should just vacate the title and make a permanent move to LHW because GSP is scared to fight Anderson and there is no point thinking about that so called "superfight" anymore so have Silva fight Rampage or Jon Jones because he has beat everyone at MW.

Post #4   4/21/11 10:05:18PM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,324-1,636
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by Lesnar1

Oh come on after he dismantles Okami he should just vacate the title and make a permanent move to LHW because GSP is scared to fight Anderson and there is no point thinking about that so called "superfight" anymore so have Silva fight Rampage or Jon Jones because he has beat everyone at MW.

I really don't think that GSP is scared. It's a tough call to choose to fight someone that's about 40 pounds heavier than you, not to mention the greatest striker of all time.

GSP said he would fight if he had the time to put on the weight properly and have time to prepare....he's not big enough to just bounce between weight classes like Shields, or Hendo.

Post #5   4/21/11 10:37:43PM   

DBockman

MMA Regular

DBockman Avatar

Career:95-88
Camp: Phenoms of The MMA
Chips:
I hope that anderson moves to 205 so the dream fight can happen Anderson silva vs Jon Jones

Post #6   4/22/11 2:46:21AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
id like to see silva fight more often at 205. theres more fights there and IMO there aint anybody left at 185 except silva/sonnen 2. he can fight rampage, bader, shogun, rashad, and jones. all sound like good fights to me.

Post #7   4/23/11 1:27:27AM