Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 129: Patrick-Roberts, Menjivar-Valencia Free Fights on Facebook

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
MMA Fighting reports that the UFC is planning on airing prelim fights on Facebook for UFC 129 in Toronto. Claude Patrick vs. Daniel Roberts and Ivan Menjivar vs. Charlie Valencia are expected to be featured, but more fights may be added. The Spike TV prelims broadcast will air Nate Diaz vs. Rory Macdonald, and Jake Ellenberger vs. Sean Pierson.

LINK

Post #1   4/19/11 11:14:48PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Chips:
I'm pretty happy with that. Menjivar is great and the Patrick vs Roberts fight is just a toss up for me. Should be good.

Post #2   4/19/11 11:18:25PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:
I'll probably miss the Facebook fights. Going to the local BWW and I have get there early if I want good seats.

Post #3   4/19/11 11:20:34PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I'll probably miss the Facebook fights. Going to the local BWW and I have get there early if I want good seats.

They just opened a Buffalo Wild Wings in my hood. Still haven't gone though! Do they usually show the Prelims on Spike TV to lead in to the PPV's?

Post #4   4/19/11 11:49:12PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by FastKnockout

They just opened a Buffalo Wild Wings in my hood. Still haven't gone though! Do they usually show the Prelims on Spike TV to lead in to the PPV's?

Yes to the Spike TV lead in.....starts & 8pm est.

Post #5   4/19/11 11:54:49PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Sweet deal, thanks for the info! Now if only some crafty geek could bring in their laptop, hook up the wi-fi, and get some dual-monitor display action going so the Facebook streams could play over the TV's......

Post #6   4/20/11 12:07:36AM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by FastKnockout

Yup! At least in my area they do. They also show the specials like Countdown and Primetime. So far I've had a great experience watching the fights at Wild Wings. The only issue I have is that they don't show fights from the other promotions. They never show Strikeforce, and they only started showing WEC the last three events. Also, during heavy storms the PPV sometimes goes out. Happened to us during the Silva/Sonnen fight and GSP/Koscheck.

The atmosphere is nice, though. Most of the employees are teenagers in their twenties, and most I've met are MMA fans as well, or at least know mainstream facts about the UFC. Sometimes they pass out UFC and Tapout merchandise, too.

Last edited 4/20/11 12:16AM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   4/20/11 12:15:43AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
Glad Ellenberger will atleast air on Spike if not the main card. BWW is an awesome place to watch a UFC ppv especialy if your ppv fund is low and has a great atmosphere. Beats the hell out of inviting your rowdy freinds over to your spot to split the cost and then have to clean up after their drunk ass da next day. I have come out of BWW after ppv night spending more money then I would have at home several times, but it was well worth it. Some of the Hooters restraunt show the ppv too, but you get some freaky ass people showing up to that place and not freaky in a good way etheir, that's one public restroom nobody should ever enter.

Post #8   4/20/11 1:59:28PM