Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jake Shields vs. Nick Diaz? No Way, Blood is Thicker Than Water or Gold

Print  
Posted By Message

Rabi

Heavyweight Champ

Rabi Avatar

Career:1,980-1,165
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Now that the UFC and Strikeforce are under the same ownership, the talk of super fights to merge titles somewhere down the road simply can’t be avoided

Link

Post #1   4/18/11 2:44:34PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
good, i have no interest in this fight. all it would be is a grappling match with zero strikes

and probably about as much action, if not less, than Saku/Newton

Last edited 4/18/11 5:20PM server time by Bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #2   4/18/11 5:19:10PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Some fights just will never happen
This is one of them

Post #3   4/18/11 7:01:08PM   

Styles

Standup Guy

Styles Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
I see so many people making negative comments about Diaz & Shields stating they wont fight each other. Personally, I dont think they should ever be asked to. Its quite a bit different when you have been team mates for as long as Gilbert, Nate, Nick, and Jake have as compared to Evans & Jones.

Correct me if I am wrong in my following statement. Most people will say that thesport of MMA isnt a team sport. Actually it kinda is! It takes "team mates" to get you prepared for a fight, it takes "team mates" to point on your weakness's, your mistakes and help you become a better fighter. When you work with a "team mate" for as long as Jake & Nick have, you really form a "brothership" type of bond. Comparing "team mates" off MMA to team mates or another sport (let us football for example) is a bit retarded in my opinion. The Manning brothers, they aren't on the field at the same time with the sole intention on doing physical harm to each other.

On the otherhand, I dont think that the term "team mates" should be the sole reason to back out of a fight. Most recent example of this is Evans/Jones. These 2 only train under the same coach, hadn't trained with each other for a long period of time and had no brothership type bond.

If im wrong in my opinion then I am wrong, but I really think people some what "bash" Nick on this topic mostly due to his attitude, personality and past, not solely due to wanting to see a possible Diaz/Shields fight. Personally, that is a fight I would never want to see, styles make fights, and that fight would be a bore.... Right?

Post #4   4/18/11 11:06:28PM   

StriderXero

Standup Guy

StriderXero Avatar

Career:88-80
Chips:
i didnt know diaz and shields were related

Post #5   4/19/11 10:37:12AM