Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC vet Dustin Hazelett puts fighting career on hold, heads back to school

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Former UFC welterweight and lightweight Dustin Hazelett has put his fighting career on hold and gone back to school.

The 24-year-old also is focusing on teaching and jiu-jitsu competitions during the break from MMA.

The Ohio-based fighter discussed the plans with MMAjunkie.com's Dann Stupp in today's MMA Insider for the "Dayton Daily News."

Hazelett (12-7 MMA, 5-5 UFC), a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Jorge Gurgel, made his pro MMA debut as an 18-year-old and signed with the UFC just two years later. He won five of his first seven UFC fights while winning two "Submission of the Night" bonuses and a "Fight of the Night" award.

LINK

Post #1   4/18/11 8:35:21AM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
hopefully he doesnt stop training. dude is a monster and hes in his early 20s

Post #2   4/18/11 1:22:36PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
Regardless of what his future holds in MMA I'm pretty sure he'll always be a major player in the jiu jitsu community. I'd love to see him continue to fight, but as long as he doesn't give up the jiu jitsu I will be happy.

Post #3   4/18/11 3:46:10PM