Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC vet Dustin Hazelett puts fighting career on hold, heads back to school

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Former UFC welterweight and lightweight Dustin Hazelett has put his fighting career on hold and gone back to school.

The 24-year-old also is focusing on teaching and jiu-jitsu competitions during the break from MMA.

The Ohio-based fighter discussed the plans with MMAjunkie.com's Dann Stupp in today's MMA Insider for the "Dayton Daily News."

Hazelett (12-7 MMA, 5-5 UFC), a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt under Jorge Gurgel, made his pro MMA debut as an 18-year-old and signed with the UFC just two years later. He won five of his first seven UFC fights while winning two "Submission of the Night" bonuses and a "Fight of the Night" award.

LINK

Post #1   4/18/11 8:35:21AM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
hopefully he doesnt stop training. dude is a monster and hes in his early 20s

Post #2   4/18/11 1:22:36PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
Regardless of what his future holds in MMA I'm pretty sure he'll always be a major player in the jiu jitsu community. I'd love to see him continue to fight, but as long as he doesn't give up the jiu jitsu I will be happy.

Post #3   4/18/11 3:46:10PM