Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Your thoughts on Kuniyoshi Hironaka?

Print  
Posted By Message

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
I was impressed by his performance against Fitch even but against Petz I was stunned. He dominated him with ease and for a guy that doesn't really look that big, he had some sick core strength right there and the way he was maneuvering on the ground was impressive as hell too.

He was non-stop and I just really enjoy his fighting style. I hope he continues to improve and becomes a contender soon.

What are your opinions on Hironaka?

Post #1   4/28/07 12:28:38PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
Hironaka is a good fighter. He has wins over Charuto and Nick Diaz (in 2002 though by split decision) with his only recent losses to Fitch by decision and Aoki by cut. He is underrated IMO but it is probably because he hasn't really faced top competition other than Fitch. I have never seen him as a top 10 or ever being a top 10 at WW but he is definitely top 15-20 and should stay with he UFC. With a little luck, he may become a top fighter and if he strings enough wins together, good things will follow him.

Post #2   4/28/07 7:04:00PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by xthe_scottx

Hironaka is a good fighter. He has wins over Charuto and Nick Diaz (in 2002 though by split decision) with his only recent losses to Fitch by decision and Aoki by cut. He is underrated IMO but it is probably because he hasn't really faced top competition other than Fitch. I have never seen him as a top 10 or ever being a top 10 at WW but he is definitely top 15-20 and should stay with he UFC. With a little luck, he may become a top fighter and if he strings enough wins together, good things will follow him.

You don't consider Aoki top competition??

Post #3   4/28/07 7:06:28PM   

xthe_scottx

In Full Mount

Career:342-173
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I consider Aoki top competition but a win by cut really isn't a decisive win IMO especially when it's 2 minutes into the fight.

Post #4   4/28/07 7:09:25PM   

Dadaman

MMA Regular

Dadaman Avatar

Career:61-42
Chips:

Posted by xthe_scottx

I consider Aoki top competition but a win by cut really isn't a decisive win IMO especially when it's 2 minutes into the fight.

Agreed. Aoki's proven his credability with some sick submissions. Hironaka has been looking good but he's in a deep deep division. He's definatly too good for the smaller shows so let's see how he does in the UFC.

Post #5   4/28/07 7:45:53PM   

methodman_90

MMA Regular

methodman_90 Avatar

Career:84-41
Camp: The One' Hitta' Quitta's
Chips:
I think the UFC should test him in his next fight to see where he' s at. Im impressed by him so far

Post #6   4/29/07 9:38:31AM