Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Middleweight Alan Belcher Eyeing September Return Following Career Threatening Injury

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
May 8, 2010.

That was the last time UFC middleweight Alan Belcher stepped foot in the Octagon. Since his last appearance, Belcher has undergone two major surgeries and endured a lot of recovery time, but now that he’s back in the gym and training again, a return to action isn’t far off.

It was during training for a fight against Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu whiz Demian Maia that Belcher suffered the eye injury. At one point, it looked like it might end his career altogether.

Lucky for him, Belcher’s recovery went better than expected. He’s training again and starting to get back into the form that saw him threaten as one of the more dangerous 185-pounders rising up in the UFC’s middleweight division.

“It looks like Alan will probably make his return sometime in September, is what I’m hoping for. It’s the date that we kind of targeted as the date that he wants to come back,” Belcher’s manager, Malki Kawa of Authentic Sports Management, told MMAWeekly Radio recently.

LINK

Post #1   4/13/11 1:50:55PM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Glad to hear he's coming back!

Post #2   4/13/11 1:57:05PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Same here, he's my 2nd favourite fighter. The kid always puts on a show whether he wins or loses. I want him to fight the winner of Wandy vs. Leben but that might be too much to ask for.

Post #3   4/13/11 2:02:07PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by emfleek

Same here, he's my 2nd favourite fighter. The kid always puts on a show whether he wins or loses. I want him to fight the winner of Wandy vs. Leben but that might be too much to ask for.

I had the chance to meet him here in Mississippi during the Lesnar/Valesquez build up for the theater viewing party. One of my buddies asked who he would choose to fight if he had the chance, and he actually said Chris Leben. Really cool guy.

Post #4   4/13/11 2:07:28PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by emfleek

I had the chance to meet him here in Mississippi during the Lesnar/Valesquez build up for the theater viewing party. One of my buddies asked who he would choose to fight if he had the chance, and he actually said Chris Leben. Really cool guy.

I'm jealous. I've always wanted to meet him, he seems like a stand up guy. I'd love to see him fight Leben, that'd be a war.

Post #5   4/13/11 2:52:51PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,870-1,008
Chips:
I know he's been asking for a top flight opponent for his return but personally I think he shouldnt with all his time off. I'm thinking a match against pal hares makes the most sense since they are both just outside the top of the division.

Post #6   4/13/11 3:00:17PM   

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:963-603
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Great to hear he's going to make a comeback. As has been said he brings it everytime he steps in the cage, i just hope he isn't given a tough match to make his return. I think it's only fair he gets almost a warm up match.

Post #7   4/13/11 3:13:06PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Anybody else catch the headline's pun?

Post #8   4/13/11 5:17:26PM